1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

huntin on sunday

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by darrinhutch, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Oct 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    darrinhutch

darrinhutch [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    darrin
    VA
    Vehicle:
    83 toyota pickup
    Lift with springs, BFG KM2, yeasu ham radio, custom flat bed, browning shift knob, tools box, mag lite, seat and steering wheel cover
    what do yall think about huntin on sunday? it became legal to hunt on sunday in Va this year and i dont know how i feel about it

2. Oct 4, 2014 at 6:55 PM
    Dontrusthise30

Dontrusthise30 Member

Member:
    Manistee, MI
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 3.4
    It used to be illegal to hunt on Sundays there??? I'm going hunting tomorrow. Why should it matter which day when most seasons are so short as it is? When most people work a 9-5 job it makes sense to give them the weekend to hunt.

3. Oct 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    cheese and biscuits! huntin' on Sunday? What's next? Blood transfusions for sick and dying kids?

4. Oct 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM
    mathews8pt

mathews8pt Active Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport
    I would be real PO'd if I couldn't hunt on 1 of my 2 days off a week. Go enjoy some quiet time in the woods!!!

5. Oct 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    should have never been off the table. sounds about as intelligent as the blue laws.

6. Oct 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
    MARSHBUSTER

MARSHBUSTER Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Alamogordo NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 4X4 Tacoma TRD
    Grill Gaurd/ Winch Bumper, Mile Marker 9000 LBS Winch, Custom Head Ache Rack, Custom Rear Bumper, Marathon Camo Max 4 Seat Covers
    You Better Believe I Am Hunting On Sunday!!!!!! Every Day I Get A Chance.

7. Oct 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Come to Maui

No tags

No seasons

Take as many deer as you can take

AxisCab likes this.
  8. Oct 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    that's only about the 17th best reason to go to Hawaii

9. Oct 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Hahahahahha

10. Oct 9, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA

Yep, blue laws (for those not familiar with certain old customs in the south). Still many that frown on it although it has been legal here in GA for a long time. So I know what the OP is asking.

I was raised in a strict Sabbath day houshold, so I personnally have mixed feelings, but the way I see it is if that is the only time I have available it is my private time and being in the woods is just as good a reflection time as sitting in church. Not that I don't attend church fairly regularly, just not every single time it is open.

11. Oct 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    cyakker

cyakker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SD (at least we're not Mars)
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC, TRD-OR, V6
    Having grown up in a very densely populated area (NJ), being in the woods during hunting season made me nervous because of the high "yahoo" density. So I very much liked that I didn't have to worry about that on Sundays. Now that I live in a state with a lower population than the county I grew up in (and ~300x the physical size) -- hunting on Sundays doesn't bother me.

Not saying I wasn't slightly unnerved being awoken by gunfire while camping this past weekend -- just for a moment.

12. Oct 9, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    Im in Va... about time!!!

Sucked to only have one day a week to hunt. Im pretty sure it stemmed from Church folk. There's some additional Sunday bits about hunting near a church with the private land/permission stuff.

13. Oct 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    I was in Aiken, SC not that long ago, maybe 3 or 4 years. Sunday am I hit the WalMart needing a pair of cheap blue-jeans real quick.

Got to the cashier and she informed me they couldn't sell those until 1:00 p.m. Food items OK, but closed for most everything else in the store.

:D

14. Oct 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    Dwill817

Dwill817 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    1981 Toyota Pickup 4x4
    Church on Sunday morning and hunting Sunday afternoon! It's a win, win situation!

AxisCab likes this.
  15. Oct 13, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I personally don't have anything against hunting..... I'm not a hunter myself. I'm not a religious person either, so....Sunday has no meaning to me.

There are a lot of hiking trails in our game lands here in PA. My husband and I enjoy hiking these trails and mostly in the fall (avoid bugs & PI). We do our hiking on Sundays and we wear at least a blaze orange hat anyway.

So.....from a hikers point of view - it's nice to have ONE day where we an enjoy the trails without being aimed at.

Granted - there's probably somebody out there regardless of the rules, but less likely.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  16. Oct 13, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    JackAttack

JackAttack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Grantville, PA
    Vehicle:
    Stock Blue TRD Sport
    Below is a reminder for the non-hunting and trapping users of PA gamelands. I cannot wait for the day that they allow Sunday hunting of all species in PA.

FALL REMINDER: GAME LANDS ARE HUNTING GROUNDS FIRST
    Some uses not related to hunting or trapping restricted during hunting seasons.

With the calendar now flipped to October, and the fall hunting seasons all to open soon, restrictions are back in place on all tracts comprising Pennsylvania’s 1.4 million-acre state game lands system.
    Unlike state or county parks, or even state or national forests, the primary purpose of Pennsylvania’s state game lands is to provide habitat for wildlife, and hunting and trapping opportunities for Pennsylvanians.
    While many secondary recreational uses of game lands unrelated to hunting or trapping traditionally have been permitted during summer months, such uses are tightly restricted beginning the last Saturday in September, which typically occurs just before the start of the statewide archery deer season.
    The restrictions remain in place through the third Saturday in January, a date that ensures the game lands system adequately serves hunters through the close of the flintlock muzzleloader deer season.
    During the restricted period, the recreational riding of horses and bicycles on game lands is permitted only on Sundays. On Mondays through Saturdays, only riding related to active hunting and trapping is permitted on game lands.
    Recreational riding of horses and bicycles on game lands is permitted only on marked, designated trails. Designated trails that are approved for snowmobile use don’t open to snowmobiles until the third Sunday of January, and they close April 1.
    Off-road vehicles including ATVs are not permitted anywhere or at anytime on game lands.
    Hiking is permitted on game lands throughout the year, however, hikers are advised that game lands are hunting grounds where hunting activity is likely to be occurring. Additionally, during the month surrounding the deer and bear firearms seasons – a period from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15 each year – hikers, as well as all other secondary users of game lands, must wear a minimum of 250 square inches of fluorescent orange material on the head, chest and back combined, and the orange material must be visible from 360 degrees.
    The requirement doesn’t apply on Sundays, when hunting for most game species isn’t permitted.
    Totaling more than 1.4 million acres, Pennsylvania’s state game lands system wouldn’t exist without the state’s hunters and trappers. Tracts for game lands are purchased with hunters’ dollars, derived either from the purchase of hunting and furtaker licenses, from a federal excise tax on sporting arms and ammunition, from lands or funding donated to the agency by its many conservation partners, or from things like timber sales and energy leases on existing game lands.
    With the exception of the orange requirement, restrictions on game lands use apply neither to those hiking the Appalachian Trail in areas where the trail crosses game lands, nor to users of some recreational trails, such as Rails to Trails, that are established by cooperative agreement.
    Restrictions on the uses of game lands are intended to protect wildlife habitat, preserve the tracts as prime hunting and trapping locations and make game lands safer for all, said Game Commission Executive Director R. Matthew Hough.
    “The beginning of October and the coming of autumn is always among the most-anticipated time of year for hundreds of thousands of hunters and trappers in Pennsylvania, many of whom use state game lands,” Hough said. “We wish them success in their ventures afield, and we wish all game lands visitors a safe and enjoyable season.”

17. Oct 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Blue laws aren't just in the south, good ol MA had them too.

18. Oct 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    darrinhutch

darrinhutch [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    darrin
    VA
    Vehicle:
    83 toyota pickup
    Lift with springs, BFG KM2, yeasu ham radio, custom flat bed, browning shift knob, tools box, mag lite, seat and steering wheel cover
    i was just seening what other people think. i went yesterday but i also went to church

19. Oct 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Some of us here swore an oath to support and defend an ideal that clearly states that religion and the State should be separate. Blue laws should have been ruled unconstitutional long ago. That they have not just goes to show that religion still weaves its insidious tendrils through American society. Personally, I can't fathom why people of European descent should even think of following rules written down by a band of Bronze Age nomadic terrorists.

See if the passage below doesn't sound a lot like ISIS:

"This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan. (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

20. Oct 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Backwards as fuck. I can go hunt, buy booze at any hour, go to a bar at any hour, plow a whore, gamble, buy a firearm, and go to church all on any given Sunday. Now that's freedom.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top