Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Trap gun.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
Trap gun.

Looking for a good quality trap gun. I want to stick with a over and under and try to keep the price close to $1000 or less. I was looking into a ruger red label or a bt99. I am open to any suggestions.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about doing that a while back. What I saw was out of that price range, which is why I did not pursue it any further. Apparently used ones can be pretty badly worn.

The new Ruger Red label might be worthwhile. Suggested price is about $1800--street price would be a bit less.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
This one may not be specifically setup for trap competition, but the Belgian made Winchester 101s seem to get pretty good marks for quality in an O/U. And changeable chokes for whatever needed. I believe they are made in the Fabrique Nationale (FN) factory where a lot of the Brownings also came from.

They also seem to be selling around the 1K price range.

BTW, BT-99 is a single shot is it not? But it is a very good trap-specific gun with the high rib and such. You Only need single for trap unless you get into the doubles competitions.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #5

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
I got a red label with 5 chokes and case 1270otd brand new
Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post

Good deal, congratulations. And American made to boot. Now we need to see some droolin'g pics.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
Good Deal! Let us know how it shoots.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #8

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
its in the mail i will post pics im taking it to shoot 5 stand soon as i get it.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
gunmetalghost is on a distinguished road
Name: Lamar
gunmetalghost's Tacoma Gallery
I shot competitively for 4 years through high school and shot many trap guns/hunting shotguns/ over-unders, but after thousands upon thousands of rounds none felt better than my BT-99, yes most have 1500+ price ranges you can find one under 1000 and then throw a little more to get it customized. But no matter what anyone say, only you can tell what you like the best, so go out and grab a gun see if you can deal with the recoil and like the functionality and go from there. Best of luck!

Enjoy your red label though!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #10

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a trap range and i see all the parazzi guns and the other high dollar guns. I can get a bt99 for 1100$ brand new but it is a single barrel and wasn't what I wanted. I think the ruger will be just fine.