1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sightron vs nikkon

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by RCBS, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Apr 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM
    RCBS

RCBS [OP] How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    so my tasco 6-18 recently gave up on me....go figure:rolleyes: the magnification knob has become stuck between 15-18pwr. looking to re-scope my .22wmr and have narrowed between a sightron s1 and a nikkon prostaff at 3-9pwr. i know there are better scopes out there, but am wanting to spend less than $150.00. no need for a $300 scope on a $200 rifle.

i have a nikkon 2-7 on my slug gun and am pleased with it, but am interested in the sightron product, which seems to get excellent reviews.

anyone have any experience with sightron's scopes?

any other suggestions under $150? the rifle is a Marlin 882L with microgroove and will be used primarily for target and 'yotes shooting 40 grain CCI.

2. Apr 28, 2009 at 4:17 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I have a Marlin 882 also, bolt in .22 mag. I found a mint old Redfield and put it on, one the money every shot.
    I am a Nikon fan, and have them on mostly every gun I own. For the money Pro-staff is a great scope, I have seen them take the recoil of a .50 smokepole for years with no issues.
    If you get a low sitting scope let me know, I have a set of new in box low Burris rings for a .22 I can seed your way.

3. Apr 28, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    I'm convinced Nikon makes a wonderful scope. I bought a Monarch a few months ago for my Remington and the clarity is amazing.

4. Apr 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    RCBS

Member:
    Vehicle:
    mine's been in the corner for a few years, and i finaly decided to dust it off and have some fun with it. i put it up a while back when the scope i had on it took a crap. got it out, mounted another scope i had laying around, and it is toast also...think it might have something to do with my mini14 lol. they were both cheap scopes. anyways, this time i'm buying something with a lifetime warranty. wish i could justify spending a few hundred bucks and get something real nice.

any sightron users out there?

5. Apr 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    RCBS

Member:
    Vehicle:

sightron it is. 3x9x40 with hunter holdover reticle. it will be mounted with Millett medium angle lock rings. will report back once the brown truck comes to visit me and i get a chance to try it out.
    [​IMG]

6. May 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    RCBS

Member:
    Vehicle:
    well, it would be a close call between Sightron & Nikkon. the scope is great. very clear, no miraging, reticle stays clear at all ranges. brightness is as good or slightly better than my pro staff. i would reccomend the sightrons to anyone based on this scope's performace thus far. it kicks the hell out of the Simmons 8 point that came with my Savage.

7. May 21, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    Glocktex

Glocktex Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    Look at the Mueller Red Dot scopes. I have a 3x9 with the illuminated reticle dot on one of mine and love it. ZERO issues in 4 years.

Products Discussed in

To Top