Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

what targets do you use?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
what targets do you use?

Looking for ideas for cheap targets for 22. and 9mm to shoot at nothing expensive and some thing reusable and not to big to store in a garage.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
Buyashotgun will become famous soon enough

Name: Benny
Buyashotgun's Tacoma Gallery
I bought an 8" ar500 steel plate on eBay for $20 shipped. I use a peice of rebar to hang the target. I have shot hundreds of rounds of 22 9 357 and even shotgun slugs at it and it is still like new.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
zzzzzzzxzz

For use at a public range or private property ?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:04 AM   #4
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
Private property lots of land to use.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Master of all I survey.
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
If it's my property I wouldn't worry about storing them in the garage. Build a nice berm, good targets, and leave them.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #6
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...for .22 you can get one of those targets w/ the little steel gongs/plates ( that spin or swing when hit ) for pretty cheap, ..just don't use anything more than .22 on that..
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I use those realtor signs, they are free and plentiful.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
BadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
IM leery of shooting at steel.. 2 years ago a jacket from an AR round my wife was shooting came back and slapped/ burned my arm... it was a close call...
At what distance?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery

We drill wholes in golf balls and string them up on fishing line. They spin like hell when you hit them, hard to hit once they start bouncing. Finish them off with the .50
Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #10
Buyashotgun will become famous soon enough

Name: Benny
Buyashotgun's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yes. Golf balls and tennis balls make good targets. They bounce and roll farther away when shot at and can be shot many times.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:08 AM   #11
Matt
loki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
loki32687's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to loki32687
Bowling pins work too.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Print your own targets......??

We shoot at the range and they offer free targets. We always take some home because sometimes they run out.

If we were allowed to bring our own steal targets - I'd buy one of these:
My husband and I shoot together. That would be fun!
http://www.amazon.com/Do-All-Outdoor...=steel+targets

Products Discussed in this Thread