Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Self Defense Reads / Books ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Self Defense Reads / Books ?

Just curious what everyone is reading (or has read) - in terms of Self Defense related reads. I thought this thread might capture some ideas (for me) as well as anyone else.

I think the best book I've ever read (twice) is by Massad F. Ayoob "In the Gravest Extreme" (1980). Also by Massad "The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry" (2008)

For the ladies.....
By Gila Hayes " Personal Defense for Women" (2009)
By Kathy Jackson " The Cornered Cat"(2010)
By Paxton Quigley "Armed & Female" (2010)

I see Massad has a newer book (2014) "Deadly Force: Understanding Your Right to Self Defense" - I'm seeing nothing but great reviews for it. I'm probably gonna get it and start reading it!

What are you (or have you) read??
Old 02-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
I was given the newer massad book as a gift, ..haven't got around to reading it yet though...
Old 02-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
Master of Zero Trades
Spurholder is on a distinguished road

Army:
Spurholder's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Smart...Confrontations

Of course, there's a next level. One of these days...

http://shivworks.com/?page_id=881
Old 03-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished reading "Deadly Force...understanding your right to self defense"
By Massad Ayoob.
This is a similar book to his original one updated for this day & age. Lots of examples of actual self defense trials. An entire chapter devoted to explaining the Zimmerman case.

Very good read to truly understand the legal system and how/what one would go thru.

Every CC or self defense carrying gun owner should read this!!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
SJC3081 is on a distinguished road
SJC3081's Tacoma Gallery
No Second Place Winner by Bill Jordan.
And anything written by Jeff Cooper
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
Here's one:

Of course, there's a next level. One of these days...

http://shivworks.com/?page_id=881
My husband has had a couple courses. Of course, each time I had to work.

But now that I have a better schedule, I'm a bit skiddish about taking a class with all men. I don't want to hold everyone up and be 'that guy'

I keep looking for classes for women... They're just few and far between.

Products Discussed in this Thread