Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What was your first firearm?

Old 02-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
What was your first firearm?

Like the title asks....what was your first firearm?

Remington 870 express for me. Circa 1990 at the age of 13. It was a Christmas present from my Mother. It took lots and lots of begging, whining and rationalizing but she gave in and put it on layaway at Kmart. My justification for needing one was that my best friend who lived on a huge farm had gotten one when he was twelve...and he hadn't shot his eye out yet! Times were good. 22lr was $7.25 brick and a box of low brass birdshot could be had for under $4.

It is now my ugliest but most cherished firearm.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
I leave on a donkey and come back on a horse
User Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUser Name01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Chicken Little
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
.38 super when I turned 21. Polished stainless with gold grips
Old 02-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Broke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud of
Name: Ty
Broke Okie Ty's Tacoma Gallery
Remington 870 wingmaster 20ga with a 28" barrel and full choke. Many a upland bird have met their end with that gun. I got it from my grandpa the day I passed hunter safety.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Remington 870 Express magnum 12ga with 20" barrell. Was a turkey gun package my pops picked up for me back around 1995. Love that gun, short barrel never really limited me. Brought home and continue to bring home many a bird with that gun.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
Abragus is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Adam
Abragus's Tacoma Gallery
Remington 10/22 when I was a kid. Parents got it for me for Christmas when I was around 10 I think.
First firearm I bought for myself was my Glock 21.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
Blackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackout14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Blackout14's Tacoma Gallery
Mossberg 500 persuader..that gun kicked like a mule my first gun diddnt know any better..doesn't bother me anymore I am a bit stouter now than I was then
Old 02-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #7
Broke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud ofBroke Okie Ty has much to be proud of
Name: Ty
Broke Okie Ty's Tacoma Gallery
First gun I bought was a Mossburg 835 ulti-mag for duck hunting
Old 02-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
TomTwo is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Infantry Division
TomTwo's Tacoma Gallery
My first gun was a Savage .22 I bought it at a Western Auto store with my paper route money. Still have it today.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #10
DormaTaco is on a distinguished road
DormaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Remington 870 express magnum 12 ga here as well. Boy has the collection grown since then...
Old 03-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #11
reasonselzzz is on a distinguished road

Name: Reason
reasonselzzz's Tacoma Gallery
Mossberg Maverick 88 Special Purpose
Old 03-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #12
BadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shedBadBrains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
Technically it was owned by my Dad, but when I was 13 or so he bought me a Remington 1100 Youth 20ga with trap grade wood. Used to go skeet shooting with him until I discovered weed and started fucking up in school lol.
I bugged him for years to get it from him, but he insisted that his girlfriend would start skeet shooting someday. Someday never happened, and I finally got it last year, unfortunately due to his passing.

This post finally got me to go break the lock on the gun case. I can't believe there was no rust or scratches. Thing survived a teenager and the Hawaiian humidity lol.

Attached Thumbnails
What was your first firearm?-photo.jpg  
Old 03-01-2015, 12:05 AM   #13
crushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrushh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
crushh87's Tacoma Gallery
Thompson Center Encore .270 w/ the interchangeable barrel, stainless steel and camo.

Mowed a shit ton of lawns for that bad boy.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #14
Check Check
Tgreening is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Tgreening's Tacoma Gallery
My very very own was a single shot .410 when I was about 12/13. Unless you count my BB gun.

I was murderous on the local rabbit population with that gun, and pheasant didn't fare much better. Forty years later I've still got that bugger in my closet.