Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

interesting...

Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
interesting...

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/SR556/

never had much ambition to get me a black rifle...but i do love Rugers!

damnit, just after i spent up all my toy money too. gonna have to have a yard sale...maybe a fund raiser lol
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's a good-quality rifle and that it'll be popular......and expensive/hard-to-find in the short-term. The whole "piston driven" concept has become the "in" thing with semi-autos lately it seems, the advantage being increased reliability when the gun is dirty. And I'm talking real dirty, 500 plus rounds without cleaning. But the piston drive adds a bunch of weight to the gun, and that one is almost 8 pounds. That's pretty hefty for a 16" barrel, folding stock carbine. A comparable AR would weigh considerably less. The SIG 556 is very similar, and is a nice gun but has a very muzzle-heavy feel to it IMHO and I much prefer the lighter weight and balance of a standard AR.

Good to see more companies getting into the black-rifle business, though, all the more in the way of resources to fight back when (not "if") the gobermint tries to ban them.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
hell, id buy one. with the rate Ruger stock is taking off right now, oh yeah, id definitley buy one
Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
There is a demand for AR's right now, so its no big surprise Ruger decided to get a piece of the pie.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yepp. I wonder how it fires. Gawd it makes me want one of them soooo bad
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I think a piston AR would be cool. I get sick of the BOINGGGG!! every time i pull the trigger.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 AM   #8
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
The Ruger has all the bells and whistles.

Bill Ruger is spinning in his grave. But the company seems to be changing and progressing.

They are now offering their 20 round Mini 14 mags which in the past came in white boxes that said LEO.

Now a black rifle. Excellent.

I have an LWRC piston upper, and you can configure a rifle like Ruger's for cheaper. It and others are proven.

Try Googling these:.....

LWRC
POF
ADDAX
Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #9
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
30 round mags also now availible for the mini at Ruger.com. i bought a couple of the 20's. no comparison against the aftermarket clips. the factory clips, though expensive, are far superior to the other three brands i have, with triple k being the only one close for quality. i know there are probably better, cheaper AR variants out there, but as i said before...i love Rugers, and would be buying from more of a collection standpoint than anything.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
I think a piston AR would be cool. I get sick of the BOINGGGG!! every time i pull the trigger.
You can eliminate that boing by shoving a bunch of grease into the buffer tube. Quite a few competitive AR shooters do it, no negative effect on the gun functioning and no boing. I don't myself, don't want to have to clean the stuff out and the boing doesn't bother me, but it do work.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #11

what is the mini 14? is it a realtively good gun, is it for home defense, or varmits?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #12

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear.../22®%20Rimfire
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
You can eliminate that boing by shoving a bunch of grease into the buffer tube. Quite a few competitive AR shooters do it, no negative effect on the gun functioning and no boing. I don't myself, don't want to have to clean the stuff out and the boing doesn't bother me, but it do work.

Another remedy to the b-o-i-n-n-n-g-g-g, is to replace the coiled spring with a David Tubb flat wound spring.

http://www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images...e_brochure.pdf
Old 05-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
Another remedy to the b-o-i-n-n-n-g-g-g, is to replace the coiled spring with a David Tubb flat wound spring.

http://www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images...e_brochure.pdf
True dat.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there is also some other thingy you can replace the spring with. Cant remember the name but it exists, trust me. Ive been putting it off for about 2 years now. Maby by 2011, ill have one,
Old 05-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #16
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Been drooling over this one since I got an email from Ruger about it roughly 2 weeks ago. Too damned expensive (despite the fact that the MSRP is always higher than real-life prices) for what it is, but still, if I had the discretionary funds handy, I'd jump on the first one I came across.