1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

man carries assault rifle to president Obamas speech.. legally.

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by JeffRock, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    True to that.Well you know what I meant. Sh!t even a pens or pencils can be use as weapon..if you wanna get technical about it !:D

2. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    But just put yourself in the shoes of "ordinary" people. Assume they go to the grocery store and wallah- there's a dude buying milk and eggs with an AK-47 strapped to his back, and like the person in the picture, he's totally legit and legal. Do you think most people would be ok with that? That's what I'm saying here. I personally would never do anything like that simply because A: I don't like drawing attention to myself and B: Its naturally going to make people around you extremely nervous.

3. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Absolutly. If someone has it in their mind that they are going to kill someone, they are not going to think "Dam....I dont have a gun....Oh well...I guess I'll sit here and watch Opra..." NO! They are going to use whatever impliment that they find handy. and they WILL carry out their agenda. Look at Great Britan. More murders with Hammers than ANY other country......Should they ban hammers???

Kinda funny.....BAN HAMMER.......he he he

4. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    Danzer

Danzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Peoria
    Vehicle:
    22 SR5 4x4 AT
    Stock for now
    Gotta love this state.

5. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    Agreed on that. That's what I'm trying to say, I just can't put in a nice way as you did.

6. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    ha..may be they can't afford guns...like I said : I hear you :D

7. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Maybe in Cali. I find here in AZ, people are very much at ease. A friend of mine, and I went into a grocery store, on our way out on a camping trip. I had 2 handguns on my side, and my AR on my back. he had an AR, and a handgun. His 18 yo son was carying a rifle on his back. We noticed no unusual behavior in the people shopping. Same smiles, and such. I have seen "Bikers" walk into stores openly displaying firearms, and too, have noticed no one nervouse or on edge.

8. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    No. Guns are banned in GB. :(

9. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    That is part of the problem. There was a time when walking into a store with a loaded gun was the normal routine.

Ask yourself this? What would the founders, and forefathers of this country say if they could be resurrected for one day with full knowledge of how are current government works? I bet they would run rampant through the streets urging people to pick up arms.
    I am no gun nut, I am a freedom nut though!

On a side note. How many people carry pocket knives in their everyday travels?

10. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    awesome. i saw the video on CNN of the guy last week that carried his handgun open carry. he got wailed on by cnn. but he stayed strong. i think more and more are waking up and realizing our gun rights are at jeopardy

11. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    97Blk_one

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    That's why they used Hammer(s):D

12. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    X2.

As a kid, in the 4th grade, one of the classes was firearm (rifle) saftey. Now days, guns are not spoken of. :(

13. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I did once. It was a crazed flintlock. Everyone was running. [​IMG]

14. Aug 18, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    40204ever

40204ever Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caldwell, TX
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco racing development
    I think its cool. It is obviously not a third world country by the presence of US service rifles.

If I am going to carry at a protest I will proudly carry my M1 Garand. Nothing says Don't Tread on Me like a heavy battle rifle.

15. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM
    Rangerpeterson

Rangerpeterson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Good stuff!

16. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    dw77x

dw77x Those are not my pants

Member:
    SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Sport LB
    5100's all 4 corners (front at 2.5"), rear tsb springs with 1.5" AAL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's
    I am so jealous. . .I live in one of the most gun oppressed states in the union, Wisconsin. Howevever, our super lib gov. Doyle, has announced he will not seek a third term. Since we have a ccw ban here technically we must be able to open carry, how did our society get so messed up?

I would love to move to Texas or Arizona I just don't think I could take the weather. Wyoming seems nice this time of year?

17. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    steelerfan7p

steelerfan7p My other car is a Bugatti

Member:
    First Name:
    Yes
    Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champi
    Vehicle:
    Non-TRD, Non-SR5, Non- Prerunner
    Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Metra IPod Adapter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, I was added to the truck to make it better, so does that count as a Mod?

18. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I think this is wonderful! California. Here we (the state, not me) celebrate all things 1st amendment - gay rights (parades, etc.), animal rights, nose piercings, Man Boy Love Association - bottom line being different at any cost. Arizona - at least how I remember it - celebrates freedom through 2nd ammendment and personal freedom. I love it. I think people should have some sense of "I better not fu@k with that dude." Or for that matter "Any dude around here with that guy with a long barrelled, nickle plated pistol strapped to his leg like that." Speaking in generallities and about the more populated areas of California, punks think they are the law and when it comes to guns they are - they hold the law;The law of physics of lead traveling at high velocities. They all think they are attorneys too!

I once spent a day at a park with my girlfriend in a highly populated city. At 8:45 pm a 16 yr old kid came by on a bike and asked us what time it was. I told him 8:45. 8:50 pm another kid came by and asked the same question (started to think he wanted my watch). I told him 8:50. 8:55 pm another kid came by asking the same thing. I told him I didn't know and to get lost. 9 pm another kid came by and asked the same thing. I told him to fcuk off and to get the hell out of my space. With that a group of about 12 Mexican kids came out from the bushes and the kid in the middle with a white shirt and a nickle plated pistol in his waistband is yelling "You fcuking with the home boys?" ( 2 or 3 other kids had knifes in their hands.)

My girlfriend (half Venezuelan and half Mexican) pops up and is looking at me like "get up and protect me." I'm thinking that would be the stupidest thing to do (kind of like jumping a tiger). So I said "I'm not fcuking with the home boys, I don't expect the home boys to be fcuking with me." We went back and forth like that 3 times and finally someone in the back said he's a white boy, don't worry about it. WTF? I thought that was a strike against me.

Once they left, I then got up and took her home.

Turns out that park was owned either by Mexicans or Asians every night to sell dope each night. So they thought was if we were Mexican or Asian, we would go back to our neighborhood and tell them to stay away. It turns out a women I worked with who lives near that park had a neighbor that ended up with something like 17 slices to his legs and feet.

I grew up in a rural area and if you were still a wise ass by the time the rodeo came to town, you would have your ass kicked then. I personally think that kids that have uncontrolled gun possession with a hoodlum mentality just never had their asses kicked the way they should have been. - By someone that had some good societal values instead of some punk gang member attempting to skew a young kids mind.

Guns don't create their own misuse - punk ass societies that lack respect cause misuse of guns.

Intellectualls can be just as bad. They think they have intellectual solutions to the human condition regardless of the real populous. I have a nephew who went to middle school in Princeton NJ. He was telling me that the 2nd amendment has been falsely interpreted since it was only meant for times of war. That thought was thanks to his civics teacher. WTF? That happened in Princeton NJ - if they only knew their True history. That was the place that many of the revolutionaries met since it was half-way between NY and Philly. Also a place that had a good share of revolutionary wars. How soon liberals forget. You know the guys that had a 9-11 sticker on their car until it's first detail.

19. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    My only problem with open carry is when the weapon is forcefully removed and/or used against the citizen(s). I like the idea of open carry, but I love walking around knowing that no one knows what I am carrying.

20. Aug 18, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    And one of the things I tell people about owning a fire arm is weapon retention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top