Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What holster do you use for Open Carry?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Milt Sparks versa max II...for my 1911.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Bianchi CarryLok

Uncle Mikes Ankle
Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

its so-so

its comfortable enough if i wear long socks under it...but if not then it gets irritating
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

a friend of mine has a different ankle holster that has padding on the inside that seems to be more comfortable

she wears hers almost all the time
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
AVTOMAT is on a distinguished road
AVTOMAT's Tacoma Gallery
Fobus...no replacement parts kits from the manufacture or a lever/button know to jam from debris.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Open Carry?
Uncle Mikes basic nylon for about $16.
No reason for anything more.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
try a Fobus holster http://www.fobusholster.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't care for the thumb lever. I prefer to use my index when I draw. I did however like the fact that they spaced the gun away from your body to allow a comfortable draw. With the Blackhawk, depeding on your personal frame you can add spacers to give you more room if need be.

I also found my shirt covered the thumb latch, and caused some hesitation. I use these for Open Carry so I don't ever place my shirt over my gun. I don't care to have my shirt tucked in, i do slightly tuck my shirt just in the region closest to the gun.

I also like the extra hooks that help to hold the holster to your clothes with or without a belt the blackhawk can be used.

These are just my opinions.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

try the bianchi if you get a chance

its SUPER comfy
Old 09-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
jgguns is on a distinguished road

jgguns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I need to find me a secondary concealed, been thinking about Uncle Mikes Ankle. I assume since you use it you like it.
You should look at Crossbreed Holsters. I carry a Glock 27 all day every day (15 to 18 hours) and it is by far the most functional and comfortable concealed carry holster that I have ever purchased...and I have a closet full of shit that is useless for concealed carry including 2 ankle holsters by 2 different manufacturers.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #16
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

Uncle Mikes Ankle
Since the thread asks the question what holster do you use for open carry, I assume that you use the ankle holster while wearing shorts?

I don't open carry very often. When I do it is in whatever holster I have for the particular gun I am carrying. I've liked BladeTech stuff a lot recently.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
controlled pair?
375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
that guy has some sweet shoes by the way...open carry are you talking about comp?like IDPA orsomething? it depends on what you are going to use it for. and what you will be doing. running jumping over stuff fast draw comfort what are you looking for and for what gun. i shoot a lot. so let me know and i will ask around at work.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 375taco View Post
that guy has some sweet shoes by the way...open carry are you talking about comp?like IDPA orsomething? it depends on what you are going to use it for. and what you will be doing. running jumping over stuff fast draw comfort what are you looking for and for what gun. i shoot a lot. so let me know and i will ask around at work.

I was not looking to learn bout holsters, I have mine already. I was curious about what all of you out there use. Just wanting to see how people carry.
The reason I have the Generic pic in the fist post is because I am offshore and they would have a stroke if I brought my gun and holster out here to take pics to cause chat on the net.

I have no specific task in mind just everyday Open carry and I mean just that, a pistol strapped to you hip while at the store and walking in town.
For me I find my holster does all I need, I have a few others but recently purchased the one pictured. This one sped up my draw and has a lock so as no one can get it from me. P.s. I carry my XD9 both open and concealed, 16+1.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Cali open carry is a rare occasion. I usually carry in a Fobus paddle for open carry. I love Desantis speed scabbard for concealed carry. Happy shooting.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
Keep Trucking
Chopper84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Chopper84's Tacoma Gallery
Here in vegas i usually use a basic soft belt holster for open carry unless im going out shooting at which point i use my drop holster. it sits perfectly on my thigh to where my hand can rest on the gun if i leave my arm in a normal position.