Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Console Holster Attachment

Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Console Holster Attachment

Has anyone attached a Roto holster or another brand/type to the inside of their console? I was thinking this might be doable for quick, easy access.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
crawlergirl's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same thought. I have a cheapo fobus roto that I could deligate to this task, but I'm thinking of trying my hand at Kydex molding and making something that would accommodate a weapon light. This will take a while, but I'll report back with results.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlergirl View Post
I had the same thought. I have a cheapo fobus roto that I could deligate to this task, but I'm thinking of trying my hand at Kydex molding and making something that would accommodate a weapon light. This will take a while, but I'll report back with results.
What is Kydex? I thought the Roto would allow it to lie on the inside of the console against the side next to the driver's seat....very "at the hand" accessible.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
crawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to allcrawlergirl is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
What is Kydex? I thought the Roto would allow it to lie on the inside of the console against the side next to the driver's seat....very "at the hand" accessible.
Yes, we're on the same page. Kydex is the black plastic that many holsters and sheaths are made from. It becomes very soft and pliable when heat is applied and can be reheated & remolded many times. My plan is to make a holster that's flat on the left side so it can be attached to the inside of the center console. This will give you a quick idea of how it can be manipulated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lczZWgN4Kg
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Banned
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
So the Roto holster is NOT made from Kydex? What I was thinking of doing is taking a Fobus Roto holster with the paddle attachment and somehow flatten the paddle so I could bolt it to the inside of the console. That way the holster can swivel a little........think this might work? Seems if the paddle mount was Kydex you could very easy flatten it out!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
I don't think the Fobus Roto holsters are Kydex. Probably cheap injection molded plastic and not easily manipulated. You may try removing the paddle altogether and using the center screw to mount it to a flat sheet of... whatever. Or simply pony up for one of these http://www.fobusholster.com/products...T-2641-61.html
Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the comptac... i have the same holster for my gun!