Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Lever Actions

Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 AM   #21
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
CD

Yeah i live in Northern NJ right on the NY state line so i hunt in Orange county, NY, which is rifle, and have only hunted there. All of NJ is shotgun only, and i do have a Remington 870 12 gauge magnum set up for slugs, fully rifled barrel with a cantilever sope mount. Nothing beats a good rifle, although many of the sabot rounds for shotguns are true 200yds capable, the rifle just points and carries much better.

Remington has two 35 Whelen factory loads, the 200gr and the 250gr, as i said go with the 200gr for deer and even for just plinking as it wont recoil as hard as the 250grainer. Good luck with your bro's rifle, its probably a Remington 700 which are good shooters.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey jedi.......at least take it and hold onto it for him. and shoot it some.
Yeah you're right, he would feel like I would snub him if I didn't, you're smart that way.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
CD

Yeah i live in Northern NJ right on the NY state line so i hunt in Orange county, NY, which is rifle, and have only hunted there. All of NJ is shotgun only, and i do have a Remington 870 12 gauge magnum set up for slugs, fully rifled barrel with a cantilever sope mount. Nothing beats a good rifle, although many of the sabot rounds for shotguns are true 200yds capable, the rifle just points and carries much better.

Remington has two 35 Whelen factory loads, the 200gr and the 250gr, as i said go with the 200gr for deer and even for just plinking as it wont recoil as hard as the 250grainer. Good luck with your bro's rifle, its probably a Remington 700 which are good shooters.
Yeah I'm in a shotgun only area, I would take it to the mountains or the southern tier.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #24
Meatball is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal HQBN 3rd Mar Div BNMT
Name: Don
Meatball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
go with the .30/.30 marlin....awesome brush rifle(170 grains is a doozey!!!), as well as cheap to load!!!
Im with Tacomaman06, I love my Marlin 336W .30-30. Took three deer last season with 3 shots at about 25yds average. its awesome two dropped where they stood the third made it about 20 yards.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #25
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
What about the mdl 1894 cowboy chambered in .44mag? You could get a blackhawk in a .44mag and only have to carry one type of bullet.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
My heart just skipped a beat.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firear...=5808&return=Y
Old 06-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #27
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
For any and all info on lever guns try this website;

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/

I'm MikeS. there too