Ruger Sr-556 2 2.82%
sig saur 556 classic 5 7.04%
Panther arms AR- 10 0 0%
Colt- AR platform 8 11.27%
other (please specify) 32 45.07%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #21
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTOMAT View Post
About 600 give or take....but at least you won't own a gun from the company that helped push the 1994 magazine ban through so there mini 14 could compete with Colt ARs.Plus the lower quality and price increases on there product lately.If you don't believe me look at a 10/22 or Mini 14 from a year ago and one now , those are the two it shows up on most.Recalls on the Sr9 and LCP...probably one soon on the LCR.Don't support a bad company IMO.
i wouldnt necesarrily call ruger a bad company....they jsut have thier priorities all fuked up thats all
Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
The one I'd go for is the Colt 6920. As close to MilSpec as you can get and the best resale value. But more expensive that the others except for the boutique brands.

http://www.colt.com/law/lecarbine.asp

and here is why you should get a Colt:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=5&output=html

Fritz
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #23
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
AR's come in so many flavors...hard to pick one.
RockRiver Varmint comes with a competition-quality two-stage trigger, free float handguard, 1/8 twist and excellent quality.
My choice.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
HardCase will become famous soon enough

Army: Medic
HardCase's Tacoma Gallery
I like Armalite and Rock River. I would also like to play with one of the new S&Ws.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
My builds are Rock River 5.56mm
Old 09-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #27
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
I built a nice Stag Arms, but Rock River is kickass. I stayed away from Colt because of their use of proprietary parts. Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but the poll mentions 5.56 NATO, .223 and the AR-10. I would love an AR-10, which shoots a .308, though they're expensive and hard to find.

So, 5.56/.223 would be Rock River as my #1 pick. For the AR-10 .308, whatever brand makes them is fine with me!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #28
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
good luck finding a colt, im pretty sure they are military issue only now. unless you can find a good used one.
if your on a budget, dpms sells a bottom of the line for just under 1k.

for a .308 I would go with a non AR platform. Ive got a remington 700 heavy barrel .308 and that thing is a tack driver
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #29
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Yeah, not to bash a previous post, but you most likely won't find a good AR-15 for $600, even if you build it yourself. AR-10's are going for over $1,000 now, and the price of ammunition almost makes it not worth having.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #30
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
HK 416 for .223
HK 417 for .308

No comparison, ever.

This would be nice if its available to civillians. at lease just the upper.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bushmaster carbon m4 flat top it's ok I would like a new one for target shoting the short barrel I have Is not good for distance.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #32
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a LRB mid length build going on right now. Here are the specs:

LRB stripped upper/lower
E.R. Shaw 16' barrel 5.56 1:9
Colt BCG
CAR Buttstock
Magpul MOE grip
RRA LPK, random UPK
YHM 12" FF Forearm
YHM lo pro gas block
YHM flip up front sight/BUIS
Smith Vortex FH

I will post pics as soon as its finished
Old 09-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
good luck finding a colt, im pretty sure they are military issue only now. unless you can find a good used one.
if your on a budget, dpms sells a bottom of the line for just under 1k.

for a .308 I would go with a non AR platform. Ive got a remington 700 heavy barrel .308 and that thing is a tack driver
6920's are everywhere...and people seem willing to pay a $400 premium to own one.
You can get quality for well under a grand.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I have the Bushmaster carbon m4 flat top it's ok I would like a new one for target shoting the short barrel I have Is not good for distance.
You're welcome.....http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=140732215
I might get one myself....http://www.biggerbids.com/auction-im...mage_id=929281
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #35
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
If you want to go piston, go with LWRC. If you want Direct Gas, go with Noveske or Knights Armament.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
6920's are everywhere...and people seem willing to pay a $400 premium to own one.
You can get quality for well under a grand.
hmm, maybe I got bad info.

where are you finding them for well under a grand?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #37
Go with the flow
Hologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Hologram's Tacoma Gallery
heres my "ar15"

p.s. im currently a saw gunner now. but the 203 was damn fun.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
hmm, maybe I got bad info.

where are you finding them for well under a grand?
I'd buy the RockRivers over the Colt any day but for Colt fans, here they are
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=140806175
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=140096665
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #39
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
M&P 15T

It has been a great gun and very reliable.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #40
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
The Colt 6920 is great. If you can find one and pay 200-300 more than other ARs.