Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

CCW in VA

Old 01-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
CCW in VA

I'm looking to sell my S&W .38 special and get a Kahr CW9 for carry and get my license this year. Anyone gone through the hoops in VA and have any suggestions?

Thanks
James
Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Florida Redneck
thunter_3 is on a distinguished road

Navy: First Class Petty Officer (Avation Ordnanceman)
thunter_3's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you have a clean record and gone through a gun safety course it is pretty easy to get your ccw in virginia. It took about 3 weeks from when I applied till when I recieved it in the mail. If you are military it can alittle quicker.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. I figured as much but haven't been able to talk to anyone that's actually been through it yet.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillechopper View Post
I'm looking to sell my S&W .38 special and get a Kahr CW9 for carry and get my license this year. Anyone gone through the hoops in VA and have any suggestions?

Thanks
James
Kahr makes a good gun, i got a K.40 for my high school graduation. Personally i recomend the .40over the 9. I know everyone has their preference but the .40 is just as small and compact as the 9mm. its a great conceal and cary gun. only problem is tha it can be kind of finicky with reloads so only use factory ammo. i would run at least 500 rounds through it till i rellied on it as my standard concealed weapon. just to make sure you don thave any issues (my dads did and had to have it sent back)
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Jackass to the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Kahr makes a good gun, i got a K.40 for my high school graduation. Personally i recomend the .40over the 9. I know everyone has their preference but the .40 is just as small and compact as the 9mm. its a great conceal and cary gun. only problem is tha it can be kind of finicky with reloads so only use factory ammo. i would run at least 500 rounds through it till i rellied on it as my standard concealed weapon. just to make sure you don thave any issues (my dads did and had to have it sent back)
I heard that the break-in period is fairly important with the Kahrs. I don't really have a preference of 9mm or .40, I just need something that can fit in my pocket.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvillechopper View Post
I heard that the break-in period is fairly important with the Kahrs. I don't really have a preference of 9mm or .40, I just need something that can fit in my pocket.
yeah, they are chambered tight so break in is important. personally i like the .40. it has alot more knock down power than the nine, the gun is just as thin as the 9mm, and i think the 9 only holds one more round in the mag. i'd rather have the extra power than the extra round.