Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

best site for Ammo?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
best site for Ammo?

I just picked up a Rock river .223 and I need to know where the best prices on ammo and accessories are at!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
good luck finding any ammo! it has been hard to come by .223 ammo since our new president has come into office...
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
cheaperthandirt.com has good prices. .223 is still gonna be hard to come by tho..............but go check dicks sporting goods......when i went to one close to here a couple weeks ago, they had alotta .223.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. also my gun only came with one 10 round mag. do you know if magazines are universal for ar-15s or do I need a "rock river" mag?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
TREADING LIGHTLY!
baildavc will become famous soon enough

Name: David
baildavc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Thanks. also my gun only came with one 10 round clip. do you know if magazines are universal for ar-15s or do I need a "rock river" mag?
Mags are gonna be pretty universal, some will have better springs and followers but for the mos part universal. If you plan on shooting a lot, invest in a progressive reloader and load them yourself I have some good formulas for 55 and 62 grain bullets.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Try a gun show maybe, Last one I went to People had carts and were walking off with cases of .223
Old 10-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #7

there is a gun show in town right now, thats where I got my gun, I guess i need to go back and get some more goodies!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
mrzip is on a distinguished road

mrzip's Tacoma Gallery
visit and join ar15.com for all your needs.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
good luck finding any ammo! it has been hard to come by .223 ammo since our new president has come into office...
i disagree. Obama is just a great gun salesman. supplies are low due to the war, and people hoardingammo.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #10

I went to academy and picked up 3 boxes of monarch...it was like 5 dollars a box. just something cheap to blast. Im getting a huge pumpkin from wal mart this week to shoot next weekend!

I did sell my .308 though...now I have about 70 rounds of that left over that I need to trade for some .223
Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
motodan00 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
motodan00's Tacoma Gallery
Word of advice, spend the extra money on brass ammo, it's a lot cleaner; Cabela's usually has .223 in stock plus you get an ammo dry box

Check out Cammenga Easy Load mags, these are well worth the money

Hope you enjoy your RRA, I too have RRA Elite Comp, it's a blast to shoot
Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #12

Thanks for the tip, yea I had no knowledge of "monarch" ammo, but I just grabbed a few boxes to mess around with. when I was loading up my mag it didnt seem waxy or dirty. I think Im gonna order some "Silver Bear" I read good reviews on cheaper than dirt about it.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzip View Post
visit and join ar15.com for all your needs.
cant join...It says you cant have an anonymous email account. I use hotmail.... so idk
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Check out bassproshops.com They have been one of the few suppliers lately that has had ammo in stock and at reasonable prices. Budsgunshop.com has some .223 bulk ammo right now so you may want to check them out too. Happy shooting.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
www.ammoman.com Is a good place for military spec ammo. They sell the good stuff, as well as the cheaper stuff.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
i disagree. Obama is just a great gun salesman. supplies are low due to the war, and people hoardingammo.
The reason people are hoarding ammo is because they think the Dems are gonna outlaw it... Or they are preparing for Zombieland...
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
The reason people are hoarding ammo is because they think the Dems are gonna outlaw it... Or they are preparing for Zombieland...

currency for an uncertain future.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #18
semperfatal is on a distinguished road
Marines: EOD
semperfatal's Tacoma Gallery
whatever you do stay away from cheaperthandirt as well as silver bear.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfatal View Post
I gotta agree. I dont feed any Russian ammo thru my AR.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfatal View Post
how come?
ive read that some ammo is waxy or dirty like the WOLF ammo. I know to stay away from that crap.

Products Discussed in this Thread