Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Glock 23 for $250?

Old 11-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have the glock 22,23 & 27. 23 is my favorite, that's a Hell of a price!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #22
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Why wouldn't you put reloads through it. I started shooting USPSA/IPSC with a Glock 22 and never had an issue withover 10000 round through it. Just jacketed or plated bullets and not lead.
Glock 23 was my first semi auto and fun and not as painfull as my Glock 27 to shoot.
I am a little spoiled with my custom STI's now however.
I shoot IPSC and IDPA and the majority of the people there won't put reloads through the .40 cal Glocks. Glock chamber dimensions are loose to begin with which is why they are so reliable. The downside is that the brass gets stretched beyond normal tolerances. The .40 SW round is inherently weak around the base because it wasn't a new design, it was simply a shortened 10mm auto. When you continually stretch and resize brass it becomes brittle, but resizing OVERstretched brass can cause blowouts.

That is why Glock says not to shoot reloads in the owners manual and why there's so many cases of Kabooms with Glock 22s, 23s and 35s. One of the regular guys at a match blew his 35 to pieces with reloads. I reload for my 1911s, Beretta's, Sigs and HKs but the Glocks get only factory.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #23
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
I shoot IPSC and IDPA and the majority of the people there won't put reloads through the .40 cal Glocks. Glock chamber dimensions are loose to begin with which is why they are so reliable. The downside is that the brass gets stretched beyond normal tolerances. The .40 SW round is inherently weak around the base because it wasn't a new design, it was simply a shortened 10mm auto. When you continually stretch and resize brass it becomes brittle, but resizing OVERstretched brass can cause blowouts.

That is why Glock says not to shoot reloads in the owners manual and why there's so many cases of Kabooms with Glock 22s, 23s and 35s. One of the regular guys at a match blew his 35 to pieces with reloads. I reload for my 1911s, Beretta's, Sigs and HKs but the Glocks get only factory.
First of all 40 s&w is not just a shortened 10MM case as they take a large pistol primer and 40 takes a small. True the case is not fully supported and produces the dreaded Glock bulge but I've been using a Lee sizing die on my Dillon 650 for over 13 years and it resizes almost all of my brass so it chamber checks pefectly with the gauge and my Barsto barrel.
Occasionally a piece of brass will fail at the lip with a crack after the round discharges but have never had a rim failure.
If the guy blew up his with reloads he obviously did something wrong too much powder aka double charge is probably the suspect or a squib that went un-noticed until the following shot.
One of our RO's here at Norco has saved many a shooters gun by having a great ear for squibs and stopping the shooter before a catastrophy.
Everyone here on the West Coast when I started IPSC/USPSA in 1996 used reloaded 40 in their Glocks and otherwise with no problems. Glock just like to be over cautious like Toyota with their warnings.
Haven't shot the Glock in competition in years but plenty of others around me do with none of the issues you guys seem to have.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #25
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Great deal you got...
Paid $325 for mine. The compact glock frame is VERY easy for a normal sized guy to conceal.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #26
Pitt1552 is on a distinguished road
Pitt1552's Tacoma Gallery
hey all,

ended up having the pistol transferred on saturday, will be taking it and the rest of the gang out to the range tonite. Will post pics when i have a chance. Thanks again for the input! Any one got any leads on somewhere with the advantage arms 22 conversion for the 23? seems like everywhere is backordered pretty far out.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #27
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt1552 View Post
Any one got any leads on somewhere with the advantage arms 22 conversion for the 23? seems like everywhere is backordered pretty far out.
I have got one for sale. P.M. me if you are still interested.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #28
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

BUY IT NOW! You'll kick yourself later if you don't. The only advantage of the rail is to mount a flashlight. Also, I don't know where the data came from about not using reloads, because that's Bullshit! IMO You can shoot any cheap ammo through it. I have never had a problem with any of my Glocks. The best handgun I've owned.