Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Where do you carry?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
EMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Mitch
EMTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you carry?

Ok, where does everyone carry (in the truck)? Glovebox? Console? Something cool? Here's mine. Its a Glock 27 in a fobus paddle holster, with the paddle between the steering column and the plastic dash surround. Sorry for the dirty truck!
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you carry?-img_0095.jpg   Where do you carry?-img_0096.jpg   Where do you carry?-img_0099.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
EMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud ofEMTaco has much to be proud of
EMTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sorry the pics are sideways!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Concealed on my hip.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
mountain rover
apex9r is on a distinguished road

apex9r's Tacoma Gallery
Had to sell my XD45 but in the console before that
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
nowhere...i live in NY
Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
I like that steering column idea. I have a model 27 with paddle holster and will try it out when I get home.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Restricted to open carry on the hip so it gets cleared and wedged between my seat and the center console....
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Restricted to open carry on the hip so it gets cleared and wedged between my seat and the center console....
Good spot also.....'cept I dont clear mine when I put it there.....
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Good spot also.....'cept I dont clear mine when I put it there.....
I don't have it in a holster when I have it there, then the whole only a trigger safety worries me...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
I don't have it in a holster when I have it there, then the whole only a trigger safety worries me...
Dont pull the trigger.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #15

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont pull the trigger.
I'll tell that to my seatbelt or whatever else can venture over there to pull it...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #16
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I usually keep it on me as it is pretty comfortable when driving. If no one is riding with me it is on the passenger seat a lot of the time.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #17
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
The below the column holster looks nice... until you get in an accident. Your knee would own that thing, or the other way around. When I get my carry I plan on mounting a holster in the center console.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTaco View Post
Ok, where does everyone carry (in the truck)? Glovebox? Console? Something cool? Here's mine. Its a Glock 27 in a fobus paddle holster, with the paddle between the steering column and the plastic dash surround. Sorry for the dirty truck!
How well does the holster hold onto the steering column? Can you draw smoothly from the Gobus without having to hold the holster? I like the idea.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #19
EMTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It holds well...the points that usually hook under your belt hook onto the lip of the plastic dash surround. There's about a half inch of play, but it draws clean without holding the holster. I like the location because its a much smoother and less obvious draw than trying for it on the hip with a seatbelt on. A lot of times I'll carry that gun on my hip in a different (blackhawk SERPA) paddle holster, but when I get in the truck it goes under the column. However, the Fobus never moves. The SERPA is too wide for the space.

Here's a little less subtle idea I found online:
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you carry?-side_gun_mount2.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Name: Warren
Warren Thompson's Tacoma Gallery
Geez... Mad Max Taco!! I just keep mine in the consol. It is pretty safe where I live. Most of my neighbors have killed off the idiots. I have used my piece more to dispatch wounded animals more than moron people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTaco View Post
It holds well...the points that usually hook under your belt hook onto the lip of the plastic dash surround. There's about a half inch of play, but it draws clean without holding the holster. I like the location because its a much smoother and less obvious draw than trying for it on the hip with a seatbelt on. A lot of times I'll carry that gun on my hip in a different (blackhawk SERPA) paddle holster, but when I get in the truck it goes under the column. However, the Fobus never moves. The SERPA is too wide for the space.

Here's a little less subtle idea I found online: