LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Anyone here OWN or Shoot a BA-50???

Old 11-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here OWN or Shoot a BA-50???

I have wanted one of these since Cobb made them. I had the chance to get one several years back for $3,500 and just couldn't make it happen. Then Bushmaster took over making the BA-50.

I hope someday to get one of these. I am just curious if anyone here has one or has shot one.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
Good info/list here if anyone is looking...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=195940&page=1
Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Name: Warren
Warren Thompson's Tacoma Gallery
A friend has one of these and it is a hoot to shoot, a few times... OWWWWEEEE

The .50 caliber is meant for long-range sniper activity and not just for simple plinking. The cost is very high to own the gun, but to feed it is also very expensive. A quality scope is also required to make the gun worth while, another couple thousand dollars...

My suggestion is to convince a good friend to purchase it and "time share" it.

It really is not a practical gun for the sport shooter, and is definately not a protection device, unless you have a good scope and want to take an engine block out at 1 mile+!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
^Well, it would make a nice conversation piece to mount on the wall... I actually stopped in Cabela's in PA today on my way home... they had a BA-50 sitting there... I was sooooo close to applying for the Cabela's card to get it... BUT somehow my logic kept me in control...
Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
GeoTaco
Warren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura aboutWarren Thompson has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
^Well, it would make a nice conversation piece to mount on the wall... I actually stopped in Cabela's in PA today on my way home... they had a BA-50 sitting there... I was sooooo close to applying for the Cabela's card to get it... BUT somehow my logic kept me in control...
Keep your logic under control. If you purchase one of these, you will regret it. Trust me. Nice gun, but very impractical.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I know it is completely impractical, and something I would rarely shoot, but I have wanted one for YEARS now... Eventually I will end up getting one, I just need to wait until I am in a better spot.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
GeoTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
I know it is completely impractical, and something I would rarely shoot, but I have wanted one for YEARS now... Eventually I will end up getting one, I just need to wait until I am in a better spot.
Good wisdom!! The .50 is a great goal to have, trust me, ultimately, you would have to buy a reloading press for the rounds, another $500. Nonetheless, a great goal in life!!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
Carpe Diem

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
^ My friend has all the stuff to reload. He told me I would just need to buy the 50 specific stuff and he would get me started reloading them.