Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Coin Tray Holster Mod

Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #182
ratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant futureratfink504 has a brilliant future

Name: Paul
ratfink504's Tacoma Gallery
That look great but I would have put the gun with the slide to the right because when you grab the gun with your left hand you wont have to flip the gun over.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #183
Longbow3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Henry
Longbow3's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my solution,

410 000buck

Old 12-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #184
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Rick
rdm197aps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
what if your gun went off accidentally wouldnt that shoot right in your foot region?
to keep a gun from going off, don't squeeze the trigger. besides, that particular weapon has about a mile and a half of trigger pull, so there is no problem keeping it loaded...
Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #185
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG665 View Post
Great idea..Some folks don't realize the legal issues you will face when shooting someone.I believe in carrying also.I carry a full mag of HP, but I believe the first one or two shots being blanks is not a bad idea in a CC weapon..Just my opinion..
that would be a dead mans gun... just my opinion... probably doesn't count...
Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #186
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm197aps View Post
that would be a dead mans gun... just my opinion... probably doesn't count...
I'm with you Rick, If I get to the point where I have to bring out the big iron, I want it to count. Otherwise just leave it be. If your justified in using force of that nature you might as well use deadly force.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #187
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow3 View Post
Here is my solution,
410 000buck
How long have you kept the gun there? Any issues with the door popping open on rough roads? I only ask because the plastic latch probably wasn't designed to hold that much weight.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #188
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that seems less particle and might be dropped in quick action situation , i would just keep it in the center console my 0.2˘
Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #189
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
How long have you kept the gun there? Any issues with the door popping open on rough roads? I only ask because the plastic latch probably wasn't designed to hold that much weight.
I've had it up there since I purchased the truck in November. The bulk of the weight is over the hinge area. I've not had it pop open at all. I put a Ruger LCP 380 up there and it fit real nice. That may be my next gun purchase since it's a bunch lighter than the derringer.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #190
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
I agree that seems less particle and might be dropped in quick action situation , i would just keep it in the center console my 0.2˘
Yup, my .380 stays in the center console, my .45 stays on my side, and i always carry more than one knife. Just remember, dead men cant tell lies or sue... protect your life, protect your family, material items can be replaced. When the bad guys come around, take away their will to fight, and don't let up until the fight is over... if you give a little, they will take from you all that is precious in life. that's why you fight to the end.

Oh, and i think this thread deserves:
Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #191
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a holster mounted under the steering wheel... seems to be the best place for being right handed anyway. As far is it being noticeable, usually any tint on the windows make that a non-issue.

It IS always chambered, otherwise its like having a rock to throw...
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #192
buckwild is on a distinguished road
Name: Bill
buckwild's Tacoma Gallery
Got any ideas where I can stow my Taurus Judge? (next best thing to a "sawed-off" shotgun)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #193
yeslekoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Kelsey
yeslekoma's Tacoma Gallery
Great mod very creative....I was looking at doing it with my Kel-tec .380 but the gun being so small it looks like it might slide too far down into the tray keeping me from getting a good grip to pull it.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #194
EvergreenTaco is on a distinguished road
EvergreenTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know the part number for the coin tray in case I eff mine up?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #195
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslekoma View Post
Great mod very creative....I was looking at doing it with my Kel-tec .380 but the gun being so small it looks like it might slide too far down into the tray keeping me from getting a good grip to pull it.
A small string around the grip hanging out of the tray would fix this.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #196
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Nice writeup. I keep a weapon that isn't comprehendable to most men in that location.
Gold plated .50 a&e Desert Eagle?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #197
LOCO 4X4
lemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Ryan
lemons's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
If the gun fired while in the coin tray, yeah, I'd pretty much be shooting myself in the foot (rare chance to use this phrase literally).

However, even though I do keep a full clip in the gun, I don't keep a cartridge in the chamber. So for the gun to fire, it would first have to somehow load a cartridge on its own. Given the spring rate of the slide, this just can't happen regardless of how much jostling, etc occurs. Keeping the chamber empty also keeps me from discharging the gun when pulling it out if its hiding spot. The same rules apply as if I were wearing it in a belt holster.

Now if I was carrying it in my sweat pants to 'da club, I'd definitely keep one in the chamber.
I have the same gun as a CC. There is no way on earth for that gun to go off by itself. the trigger pull way long and if you don't keep one in the chamber impossible to go off.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #198
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
A small string around the grip hanging out of the tray would fix this.
BA hahahahahahahahHahaha
Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #199
TXCotton will become famous soon enough

Name: Cotton
TXCotton's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this mod for my PF9. Brilliant! Thanks
Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #200
Timbo970 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Tim
Timbo970's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, refine it a bit and market it