Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Coin Tray Holster Mod

Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 AM   #41
SportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the rough

SportyTuRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post

What about a location that isn't accessible by children and hidden but easily obtained? For example a higher shelf between some clothes or something like that.
thats where i would put my small electronic front opening safe...I think the biggest problems in households are "hidding" guns...cause kids are always running around the house (I know i was always looking for secret hiding places etc) Thats when they come across things they shouldn't.

I remember when i was younger my best frined and I playing Hide and seek and we found his dads 12 ga. in the back of the closet...We didnt mess with it and it wasnt loaded but it was still there...Some other kids could have been different situation.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #42
SportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the roughSportyTuRD is a jewel in the rough

this is what i want
http://www.gunsafestore.com/GVB2000.htm
Old 12-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #43
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Two blanks? A gun is not used to scare a bad guy by shooting blanks. You should only draw your weapon if and when you are ready and willing to use deadly force. If you pull a gun, and so does the bad guy, your dead. Your blanks wont do crap against anything he is puting down range. You dont have time to think about needing a third round. Your life, and that of your family, depends on how you can react in time of threat. Shooting blanks, or even having them in your gun, can get you killed. Showing the threat your weapon will only cause a reaction. You pull a gun, he runs, threat is eliminated.You pull a gun, he pulls a gun, you shoot a blank, he shoots you in the chest. Carry one in the chamber and be ready to defend yourself without having to take extra steps. The longer it takes you to ready your weapon, the more time the bad guy has to kill you.
well said indeed!!! keep mine locked & loaded 24/7... also got my concealed carry permit but cant find one of those clips for the gun like knives have

Quote:
If you are going to have a loaded gun in the home, lock it up. No reason you cant have a loaded gun in the house and not keep it safe. If you have kids, make sure they cant get to it. Here in cali you are responsible and can be charged with a crime if a kid gets hurt or someone even steal your gun. My dad always took me shooting, taught me how to be responsible, and I knew the trouble I would get in if I ever touched the guns when he wasnt around. I think teaching them about the guns can sometimes take to interest away from them and make them less likely to snoop around. None the less, keep them locked up. There are plenty of safes out there that are secure, yet still easily accessable.
hell when me & my brother were growin up my dad had guns out the wazoo but the majority of them were kept in a safe, he taught us to shoot & all that other stuff... but he did keep some spread throughout the house and taught us gun safety before he told us about those areas. we never screwed with them, but then again my idiot brother had his own pistol and was dickin around with it in the house one time with a friend over and thought there wasnt one in the chamber and shot a hole in the ceilin... needless to say my brother has always been a careless asshole, but i believe the whole gun safety spill and learnin about guns when we were growin up definetly helps keep kids from screwin around with guns when they aint supposed to... a good threat for an asswhoopin sure helps too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
I liked my ideas better. Maybe you could convince the bad guys it's a taser and still make an escape...
i dunno, theres some people that dont get affected by electicity/tasing... (not talkin about the police issued ones here)... i love tasin myself, hell my papaw got tased last month down n houston makin a truck haul and a mexican came up tased him n the back and my papaw barely even flinched, he said it tickled him, he turned around went to fiddlin n his pocket for his knife to stab the fucker and the guy had a shocked look on his face and took off jumped into a car with others and sped off. needless to say i have convinced him to come take the concealed carry class this comin sunday so he can just shoot someone that does that to him next time. lucky the guy didnt have a gun
Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #44
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post
well said indeed!!! keep mine locked & loaded 24/7... also got my concealed carry permit but cant find one of those clips for the gun like knives have

hell when me & my brother were growin up my dad had guns out the wazoo but the majority of them were kept in a safe, he taught us to shoot & all that other stuff... but he did keep some spread throughout the house and taught us gun safety before he told us about those areas. we never screwed with them, but then again my idiot brother had his own pistol and was dickin around with it in the house one time with a friend over and thought there wasnt one in the chamber and shot a hole in the ceilin... needless to say my brother has always been a careless asshole, but i believe the whole gun safety spill and learnin about guns when we were growin up definetly helps keep kids from screwin around with guns when they aint supposed to... a good threat for an asswhoopin sure helps too

i dunno, theres some people that dont get affected by electicity/tasing... (not talkin about the police issued ones here)... i love tasin myself, hell my papaw got tased last month down n houston makin a truck haul and a mexican came up tased him n the back and my papaw barely even flinched, he said it tickled him, he turned around went to fiddlin n his pocket for his knife to stab the fucker and the guy had a shocked look on his face and took off jumped into a car with others and sped off. needless to say i have convinced him to come take the concealed carry class this comin sunday so he can just shoot someone that does that to him next time. lucky the guy didnt have a gun

Got you a linky right here.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=591240
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #45
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
That's a great idea! Iv been looking for a new place for mine, and I think I found it. My coin tray is always empty
Awesome... let us know if you find a better way to do it or make any improvements to the mod!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #46
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
sweet!! thanks matt... finally u did somethin worth thankin u for

too bad they are on backorder though
Old 12-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #47
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
unless i'm on a really long trip i never remove mine from my side.. guess its just natural nowdays for me to have it on me. but nice mod none the less!!! props for thinking out of the box!!!

as i read this thread i kept seeing people say something to the effect of "when i pull my gun IF i need to use it... yada yada yada"... the way i see it is IF you pull your gun you BETTER use it. if your not gonna pull the trigger there's no sense in even taking it out. i've been in some pretty sketchy situations and had my pistol with me.. never even started to reach for it because the situation didn't justify that kind of defense. also if one is carrying a gun for self defense there is no reason not to keep on in the chamber.

one thing i've messed around with, and hopefully this will get some minds thinking.. if someone is standing outside your truck door and trying to do you harm and you feel the need to defend yourself there is no need, or hardly enough room, to fully draw your weapon, aim, and shoot. now depending on your ammo, if your shooting FMJ then you have the option of putting a few rounds through the door and into the suspects midsection, however if your shooting some sort of expanding round (hollow point) then the door could easily destroy the round so your forced to atleast draw as high as the window. but practice drawing your weapon and discharging it (obviously do this with the weapon unloaded) in front of your body without turning to the side. you should be able to do this in a matter of seconds and remember the suspect is going to be close enough that its just a matter of point and shoot, no real aiming required.

i've taken several self defense classes and in all of them we practiced up close and personal contact and discharging a weapon. try going to the range, standing at about half an arms distance from the target and putting acouple rounds through it holding the gun at about stomach level... its a totally different feeling that regular shooting...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #48
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
The way I see it is this. In most cases, if you are in your vehicle, and are being approached...Drive away! I think this should be the first choice in almost every case. If you can walk, run, drive, skip, cartwheel away, then that is the best choice. Deadly force is a last resort. The law will agree too. If you blast someone through your driver side window when you couldve easily driven away, busted! In some cases you have no choice, and thats when it becomes the right choice to defend yourself. And I agree with the above. Only pull your weapon when you need to use it. And when you do, be prepared to fire and take a life.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #49
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If the Kel-Tec had the grip safety that your Glock (and my XD-45) has, I think I'd be more willing to keep a cartridge in the chamber, but it doesn't.
Glocks have grip safeties now?? First I have heard of it and if so a welcome improvement in my opinion.

Anyway, interesting mod. What hand are you using to draw? It seems for me it would be easier to have the gun grip pointing the other way, but I don't know because I can't test that???
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #50
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also, would it be possible to fit a holster through that hole as well? I'm not sure about having the trigger unsecured, and having the gun rattle around in there?? How does it ride?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #51
ridin dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
unless i'm on a really long trip i never remove mine from my side.. guess its just natural nowdays for me to have it on me. but nice mod none the less!!! props for thinking out of the box!!!

as i read this thread i kept seeing people say something to the effect of "when i pull my gun IF i need to use it... yada yada yada"... the way i see it is IF you pull your gun you BETTER use it. if your not gonna pull the trigger there's no sense in even taking it out. i've been in some pretty sketchy situations and had my pistol with me.. never even started to reach for it because the situation didn't justify that kind of defense. also if one is carrying a gun for self defense there is no reason not to keep on in the chamber.

one thing i've messed around with, and hopefully this will get some minds thinking.. if someone is standing outside your truck door and trying to do you harm and you feel the need to defend yourself there is no need, or hardly enough room, to fully draw your weapon, aim, and shoot. now depending on your ammo, if your shooting FMJ then you have the option of putting a few rounds through the door and into the suspects midsection, however if your shooting some sort of expanding round (hollow point) then the door could easily destroy the round so your forced to atleast draw as high as the window. but practice drawing your weapon and discharging it (obviously do this with the weapon unloaded) in front of your body without turning to the side. you should be able to do this in a matter of seconds and remember the suspect is going to be close enough that its just a matter of point and shoot, no real aiming required.

i've taken several self defense classes and in all of them we practiced up close and personal contact and discharging a weapon. try going to the range, standing at about half an arms distance from the target and putting acouple rounds through it holding the gun at about stomach level... its a totally different feeling that regular shooting...
what u just stated is exactly what they teach the concealed carry class down here. dont pull it out unless u plan to use it & if u use it might as well make sure they are dead, they cant hurt u if they are dead.

id love to try the aim and shoot at my stomach level, but unfortunately the ranges here arent open for that height level. id have to go back home at our shootin range and do it. i gotta get me one of them clips to carry my subcompact xd40 inside my britches since i dont carry a gay ass purse
Old 12-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #52
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The way I see it is this. In most cases, if you are in your vehicle, and are being approached...Drive away! I think this should be the first choice in almost every case. If you can walk, run, drive, skip, cartwheel away, then that is the best choice. Deadly force is a last resort. The law will agree too. If you blast someone through your driver side window when you couldve easily driven away, busted! In some cases you have no choice, and thats when it becomes the right choice to defend yourself. And I agree with the above. Only pull your weapon when you need to use it. And when you do, be prepared to fire and take a life.
agreed!!

and i think having blanks is about the worst idea i could think of. so you fire a few blanks and scare the guy... well now he thinks your shooting at him and thinks your a really bad shot. if he has a gun he's sure to fire back now, and if he dosn't have a gun... well now your the bad guy for discharging your weapon.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #53
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
Glocks have grip safeties now?? First I have heard of it and if so a welcome improvement in my opinion.

Anyway, interesting mod. What hand are you using to draw? It seems for me it would be easier to have the gun grip pointing the other way, but I don't know because I can't test that???
I thought they had the same grip safety as my Springfield XD, but I could be mistaken on that. Any Glock owners to confirm / deny?

I'm currently drawing it with my left hand turned to the side. I'm right handed, so I want it to be facing the right way when I pass it to the right hand. I've practiced it a number of times and it's a fluid motion, but I can see how it might seem backwards at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
Also, would it be possible to fit a holster through that hole as well? I'm not sure about having the trigger unsecured, and having the gun rattle around in there?? How does it ride?
There's not enough room for a holster in there, I did try it with the compact holster I have and it just won't fit. It's a game of millimeters even with the gun by itself. With that being said, the gun doesn't move / rattle at all because it's so snug in there like it is. Like I said earlier, I want to line the whole thing with some felt to give it a softer place to live.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #54
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Glocks do not have a grip safety. Only the trigger safety.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #55
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
yup yup.. i did hear they were going to start offering them in more of an ambidextrous setup though having the mag release on both sides right?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #56
ridin dirty

Quote:
Nope. Glocks do not have a grip safety. Only the trigger safety.
my springfield xd40 has a grip safety. i like that on it. quick story - somehow in the middle of the night i woke up from im sure some type of noise, so i put the gun beside my pillow and went back to sleep. well apparently since i have violent dreams 90% of the time i was dreamin that 2 black dudes broke into my house i went after them, shot one in the head but he was still alive somehow and backin out the door as i was puttin 2 more between his eyes (mind u there were hollow points in the clip so i was confused & pissed n my dream) and i shot the other fat one runnin out the door in the back a few times and he dropped to the ground. needless to say i freakin woke up from my dream while i was screamin at the one dude i had been poppin n the head and somehow my dam finger (from my left hand) was actually on the trigger!!! thank god i didnt grip the dam thing n my sleep, that wouldve sucked big time!! so i havent actually put the gun right beside my pillow anymore, i just leave it on the nightstand in the position to grab it as if i were ready to grab and shoot it. i still cant believe i woke up to that... but then again if i fight n my sleep i wake myself up by uppercuttin the wall or punchin my fist while i have a bitches head in my hand while im poundin the hell out of her face (this only happens when i sleep on my back)

i wished my gun were a little slimmer to do this mod in the coin tray, but i dont think it is. ive got the XD40 subcompact so ill have to find another solution. maybe the area in the door? possibly mount the holster somehow in the door slot?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #57
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post
possibly mount the holster somehow in the door slot?
I think you could do this easily, but the gun would be visible anytime you opened the door most likely. If you come up with a clever way of mounting it there, show us some pictures!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #58
ridin dirty

Quote:
I think you could do this easily, but the gun would be visible anytime you opened the door most likely. If you come up with a clever way of mounting it there, show us some pictures!
will do
Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #59

i am thinking holser between the drivers seat and center console...low enough to hide but can be reached with your right hand and no one will see you reaching for it...

I am going to take it a step further and just build machine guns inside my door that pop out at the push of a button...and a force field...and a remote starter lol
Old 12-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #60
ridin dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyTuRD View Post
i am thinking holser between the drivers seat and center console...low enough to hide but can be reached with your right hand and no one will see you reaching for it...

I am going to take it a step further and just build machine guns inside my door that pop out at the push of a button...and a force field...and a remote starter lol
theres always the trunk monkey u could throw in the toolbox n the back and equip him with a machine gun, a machete & a butt plug with silver and purple glitter (just for those that are terrified of gettin arse raped by a hairy monkey)