1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Defending yourself = WIN

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by JimBeam, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    mcampos0

mcampos0 Today I Will!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    EL Paso
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Pre
    Mud Flaps Off, Window Tint, Keyless Remote w/ Kill switch n Alarm, Straps for shovel in back, Avh-3100DVD, 3in toytec lift, 285/75/16 Nitto tera Grapplers on stock 16 wheels, Polk Audio MM speakers all around
    Guy was probably on something to be that crazy.. Even when i cock my dads shotgun shivers go up my spine that noise is loud and very recognizable

2. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i think in this situation...what she did was best

theres no telling what that guy was on or if he was carrying

she gave him no extra incentive or opportunity for him to hurt her

3. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    Hats off to the 911 Dispatcher! She was great at talking her through the encounter.

4. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    x2.........no telling which way it would have gone if she hadnt acted.

5. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2!

6. Dec 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    she had the tactical advantage of knowing where he was...no need to give that up to either rack the shotgun to warn him...show him the weapon...or anything of the sort

7. Dec 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Full OME 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Weathertech liners, Toyota bed mat, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's, bedlights and other small stuff.
    A locked door is enough to detour "most people". He chose to to go through locked door number two and his prize was death.
    Good for her. I WILL NEVER RETREAT in my home. No person should have to. She said it right, I'm not hiding in a bathroom, I have a shot gun.

Give'em both barrels.

8. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    well hell yeah!!

9. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:05 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    X3

I hope I never have to do that :eek: Gotta give her credit, she kept her cool, but she had to defend herself. You never know what the other guy is on, or what his intentions are.

10. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    iTacozz

iTacozz Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Good for her and I hope she realized that what she has done was well within her means. I know most people don't want to take another persons life, but you have to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your loved ones. One thing they taught me in the academy is that when Im working, "I" will go home at the end of the night. At 100% if at all cost...

11. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    That could have given him the opportunity to shoot her if he saw she could shoot him.

12. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    Glad the lady had the mentality of "its you or them."

:help:

i have several guns in my house and my wife hates it. i want to protect my wife and i if anything like this would ever happened. but what worries me to death is that my wife's a RN and only works 3 days a week, leaving her at the house alone 2-3 days during the week. i have talked to her about what she would do if something came up while i was at work mon-fri and she was home alone. she told me she would not use or even touch the guns if a situation like this one arose! this seriously worries me the way crime is right now. what should i do?

13. Dec 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i dont know man....some people just dont like guns..period. probably need to sit her down and have a talk with her and explain the possibilities and get her to understand that guns arent bad.

14. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    i've tired to tell her that guns dont kill people, people kill people. didnt help any. she knows absolutely nothing about guns and is very scared of them. i would like for her and i to go through a safety course so she can learn, but she is being so stubborn i don't think she will even go for that.

15. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    well,damn....that was gonna be my next suggestion...safety course. maybe if she gets a feel for them.....she'll be easier to work with. safety courses are a good idea...that way she knows the ins and outs.

16. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    holy crap, i got goosebumps allover listening to that. i hope she can get over the incident and live a normal life. she did what she had to do.

17. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    Rucas

Rucas 1st gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Vehicle:
    1st gen. 4x4
    Custom Aluminum Camper
    thats crazy!

18. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I think I know which one you are talking about, a buddy went through post and was telling me bout what you have to watch.

My mother is a 911 dispatcher and I have heard stories of what they have to listen to on the phone and I have great respect for dispatchers because of what they have to listen to. She handled it very very well.

19. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    that is definately something us in florida dont have to do ......retreat. thanks to the castle doctrine you are jusified in using deadly force to defend your house, car, or business. without any threat of judiciary or civil suite.
    I would have done the same as her.my wife would have done the same as her, and my oldest daughter would have done the same as her. I can confidently say this because we are an armed family who practice the tactical handling of firearms....often and together.as all families should.

20. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap

Agreed. I can appreciate that the dispatcher told the woman that she had the right to defend herself and property. It all went down as it should have.

What gave me the chills was not her killing the guy but her praying for forgiveness afterwards. That's messed up. Easy to =want= to be brave in that position, even if armed, but nobody truly =wants= to be put in that position. Right, Tiger?

I mean, I got weapons from my truck to my nightstand and I believe that I am mentally prepared to defend my property, family and life without even thinking twice. I've gone over it hundreds of times in my mind. Truth is, I hope I never have to.

Products Discussed in

To Top