Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Owning a handgun in San Francisco

Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Owning a handgun in San Francisco

My newly purchased Glock 19 9mm w/Novak night sights and loaded with Federal Premium 147 gr. JHP. Yes, proud gun owner in San Francisco!
Aftermath should be very interesting if I ever have to use it for self defense @ home... Any Bay Area gun owners here?? What range do you shoot at? I shoot at Jackson Arms most of the time but would like to goto different ranges...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
got enuff mags there??? hahahaa
Old 12-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
You can never have to many mags when hippies attack!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
You can never have to many mags when hippies attack!
haha true..they just come in waves
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDav View Post
haha true..they just come in waves
slow waves...they cant run that fast with birkenstocks. besides, you just have to start singing, and they will stop and sing along. then you have to put up with the hippie music..best to start shooting.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
if zombies come im heading to your place....looks like youve got enough copper to keep em back!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
slow waves...they cant run that fast with birkenstocks. besides, you just have to start singing, and they will stop and sing along. then you have to put up with the hippie music..best to start shooting.
I found that it is best to play death metal over the speakers, then the hippies will naturally disperse the area. lol
Old 12-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
You got a bandoleer to carry all those clips?
Been meaning to check out the range in San Rafael,Have not shot much since the local range shut down.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDav View Post
got enuff mags there??? hahahaa
Considering we can't by more than 10 rounders here anymore that's still not enough.
Thank goodness I bought hi caps for all my guns and some I don't own yet before the stupid law passed.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
BassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bennett
BassPilot's Tacoma Gallery
There is an indoor range in Sunnyvale called Reed's off 101. Also sell guns & accessories. There is a beautiful outdoor one called Sunnyvale rod & gun club right near stevens creek reservoir. Also another nice outdoor one up off of Skyline blvd up in the mountain called Los Altos rod & gun club.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Dude. That is such an odd coincidence.

Awesome. We had something like that in HS. But it was a tape. Since slayer had, errr, just, errrr, released it.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
Captain

haha, southpark did a whole episode on it. Lemme find it...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103815

One of the best episodes of all time

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, start around 13:40 for the slayer references.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassPilot View Post
There is an indoor range in Sunnyvale called Reed's off 101. Also sell guns & accessories. There is a beautiful outdoor one called Sunnyvale rod & gun club right near stevens creek reservoir. Also another nice outdoor one up off of Skyline blvd up in the mountain called Los Altos rod & gun club.
The first two are right by my house! I haven't been to either one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
The dude in the glass looks pissed
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #16
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on our purchase. I love the size of the compact Glocks and own a G32 (357 SIG) myself. I shoot at Reed's in Santa Clara mostly but I also go to Los Altos Rod & Gun off of Highway 35 when I want to shoot my rifle and shotguns.

Here's my latest purchase:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #17
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH View Post
Congrats on our purchase. I love the size of the compact Glocks and own a G32 (357 SIG) myself. I shoot at Reed's in Santa Clara mostly but I also go to Los Altos Rod & Gun off of Highway 35 when I want to shoot my rifle and shotguns.

Here's my latest purchase:
Nice!! I've heard good things about S&W 1911s...

You need to get some Wilson 1911 combat mags!!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Nice!! I've heard good things about S&W 1911s...

You need to get some Wilson 1911 combat mags!!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to shooting it soon. I also already have several Wilson 47D 8 rd. mags but thanks for the suggestion just the same.