Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Colt M4 22LR carbine

Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #42
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i just bought one of those today 485.25 out the door
Mine was $557 and some change out the door. They are impossible to find out here. I cant buy one online and transfer it because in Cali I need a 10 round mag and those are near impossible to find. Had to buy the first one that popped up out here. Too bad though, they have them for $399 at www.shootersjax.com Oh well. Cant wait!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #43
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Mine was $557 and some change out the door. They are impossible to find out here. I cant buy one online and transfer it because in Cali I need a 10 round mag and those are near impossible to find. Had to buy the first one that popped up out here. Too bad though, they have them for $399 at www.shootersjax.com Oh well. Cant wait!
true it might be that much but then you gotta ship it and i would have to ship it to a place that has a florida firearms license. then pay them to transfer it to my name so basically it comes out just about the same
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #44
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
If you ordered that would they deliver it to you? Or to the area FFL Dealer?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #45
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
I thought about modding my Ruger but I want to keep it old school and unmolested lol.

I bought a Sig 522 today and can't wait to shoot it. Will be a long 10 days. I damn near bought a GSG-5 when I was there too but I do not need three rifles for sure.

Forgot to post pics of my new Sig (Sigs). I was only able to fire about 100-150 rounds through the 522 with one minor jam. Had to stop short due to me forgetting to fully tighten the set screws on the scope and not having an allen wrench with me. I think it was actually a dud round of Remington 525 bulk pack.

Speaking of me wanting both rifles I may end up compromising instead of having two tactical .22 rifles and my 10/22, I might get the GSG-5PK that will be converted for legal 10 shot capacity here in CA.

Didn't really want to buy another gun this year but they are going bye bye fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Colt M4 22LR carbine-aaaaa.jpg   Colt M4 22LR carbine-bbbbbbbb.jpg   Colt M4 22LR carbine-cccccc.jpg   Colt M4 22LR carbine-dddddd.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #46
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
true it might be that much but then you gotta ship it and i would have to ship it to a place that has a florida firearms license. then pay them to transfer it to my name so basically it comes out just about the same
Well, if you have it shipped to your FFL, with shipping and transfer you are most likely looking to spend between $450 and $475. So it is still cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
If you ordered that would they deliver it to you? Or to the area FFL Dealer?
Local FFL. Mine charges $50 for a transfer.

My problem is I needed one with 10 round mags, and no one has them out there. So when my local shop said they got one in, I had to buy that one for whatever they were asking. If you dont have mag restrictions in your state, then the www.shooterjax.com deal is the best around.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #47
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well, if you have it shipped to your FFL, with shipping and transfer you are most likely looking to spend between $450 and $475. So it is still cheaper.

Local FFL. Mine charges $50 for a transfer.

My problem is I needed one with 10 round mags, and no one has them out there. So when my local shop said they got one in, I had to buy that one for whatever they were asking. If you dont have mag restrictions in your state, then the www.shooterjax.com deal is the best around.
I found that one... I went to a local dealer today and he was saying it would be around 490 to get one from him... so I probably will go with the deal on shooterjax.com
Old 01-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #48

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
I found that one... I went to a local dealer today and he was saying it would be around 490 to get one from him... so I probably will go with the deal on shooterjax.com
They have them at www.budsgunshop.com as well. They are around $418? shipped. So it may be cheaper to get it through them. I can recommend Buds 100%. I buy almost everything from them and they are great. So do the math and see which is cheaper. If buds is only a few bucks more, I say go with them. Cant beat their selection or customer service. The transaction couldnt be easier with them as well. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #49

Quote:
They have them at www.budsgunshop.com as well. They are around $418? shipped. So it may be cheaper to get it through them. I can recommend Buds 100%. I buy almost everything from them and they are great. So do the math and see which is cheaper. If buds is only a few bucks more, I say go with them. Cant beat their selection or customer service. The transaction couldnt be easier with them as well. Good luck.
Thanks! My Dad is going to check Gulf States Dist. They might have one in stock, if they do we get a slight discount, which would be nice.. but we might not get a better deal than budsgunshop.com
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #50
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery

Love my SR22 cant wait till spring to get me some gophers.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #51
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
shot the colt m4 .22lr last friday. some old dude at the range had one, offered to let me shoot it so of course I took him up on the offer. let me tell you this gun is accurate or I must be a good shot. 10 rounds down range at 25 yards, standing, with the small aperture sights resulted in a quarter size group with 2 flyers. I was impressed, because I barely shoot that good with my scoped 10-22. as we all know, one thing leads to another, and shooting this gun made me start looking at "real" ARs..... this is an expensive hobby hahaha
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #52

Well guys I just went out to Academy and was set on purchasing the M&P 15-22. I got up there and instead of getting the S&W, which they had sold, they had a deal on the Sig 522 for 460. So I hopped on that and now i have a Sig 522, and we put at BSA Red dot on it, until I can get my own optic.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #53
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 10/22 but recently bought the s&w m&p 15/22 (the ar .22 platform) it is great, same trigger and controls as a regular ar platform. Killed an otter with mine a few weekends ago (got an eo tech on it) and can give my other 5 ARs a rest. It is a great gun! The colt .22 does not have all the functioning controls like the s&w does.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Right on! Looking forward to a range report.
If that's directed towards me I'll let ya know Monday! Me and my friend and his dad are going shooting, I wanna go tomorrow haha but I guess I'll just have to wait
Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Cool. I hope to get a coyote Monday...we'll see how it goes.
Good luck dude!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #59
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery

S&W 15/22 is a Good purchase, cheap trigger time!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #60
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
would you guys rather get a sig sauer 522. a s&w M&P 15-22. or a ar lower, and spikes tactical .22 upper?