Notices

S&W M&P vs. SA XD

View Poll Results: Which 9mm?
Springfield Armory XD Service Model 190 58.64%
Smith & Wesson M&P 134 41.36%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #21
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hmm....well...that sucks then.
yeah, and most of the guys i know up here only have rifles and shotguns.
two of my buddies have berettas, but that's about it as far as handguns go.

its also hard to get info up here about handguns as most of the gunshop guys are super-bias toward glocks
Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 283 View Post
yeah, and most of the guys i know up here only have rifles and shotguns.
two of my buddies have berettas, but that's about it as far as handguns go.

its also hard to get info up here about handguns as most of the gunshop guys are super-bias toward glocks
Yeah. I understand. I personally like Glocks, but they fit my hand. The most important thing in a handgun, other than reliability, is that it fits your hand.....
Old 12-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah. I understand. I personally like Glocks, but they fit my hand. The most important thing in a handgun, other than reliability, is that it fits your hand.....
yeah, they both fit well (the glock felt like i was holding a 1x4)
the guns felt pretty much the same, but what was surprising was that the S&W felt a ton lighter than the glock and XD
the counter-guy said that he like the S&W because it only had trigger safety and "the less moving parts, the better" which i can see both sides of that argument
Old 12-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #24
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah, they both fit well (the glock felt like i was holding a 1x4)
the guns felt pretty much the same, but what was surprising was that the S&W felt a ton lighter than the glock and XD
the counter-guy said that he like the S&W because it only had trigger safety and "the less moving parts, the better" which i can see both sides of that argument

Yeah...Im very Anti Safety myself....
Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #25
Banned
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah...Im very Anti Safety myself....
yeah, the only safety is YOU (ie, equates to trigger discipline, and thus, trigger safety)
but i like the grip safety and after holding the xd, its like its not there. and there is no way you could grab the gun and not depress the grip safety and still be able to fire it, unless you were trying to fire the gun with one finger and nothing else.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #26
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
come down to Lampassas Texas Jan10th-ish I will let you shoot my S&W .40 and you can see how amazing it is..

S&W M&P = No Saftey = No Ooppps I forgot to disengage the saftey to kill this guy breaking into my house, and he kills me
Old 12-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #27
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was lucky I have 3 Uncles and 2 cousins that are Cops and 5 relatives that are Activeduty or former military.. so I got the chance to test fire lots of guns before making my descion..

The one thing I liked about the XD i shot was the little bumper that stickout of the back to indicate there is a round in the chamber.

and it was also NVG reflective if ever needed. (the little bump out)
Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #30
Sticks For Troops

All my S&W guys were out killin mofo's we will win the Poll
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
I love my S&W M&P .40.. I could only imagine the 9mm is just as good..
i have the M&P 9 and i love it!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #32
Banned
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I like my XDs but I wouldn't mind an M&P. Which ever one feels better is the one I would get.
Well they both felt the same, the M&P just felt lighter, otherwise, they seemed identical.
here is my nbass opinion:
XD pros: price, chamber indicator, hammer indicator, reliability, grip safety
XD cons: grip safety, weight, maybe other stuff?

M&P pros: only trigger safety, interchangeable grips, lower bore position, good ergonomics, light weight
M&P cons: reported reliability issues, no indicators
Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #33
Sticks For Troops

Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #34
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well they both felt the same, the M&P just felt lighter, otherwise, they seemed identical.
here is my nbass opinion:
XD pros: price, chamber indicator, hammer indicator, reliability, grip safety
XD cons: grip safety, weight, maybe other stuff?

M&P pros: only trigger safety, interchangeable grips, lower bore position, good ergonomics, light weight
M&P cons: reported reliability issues, no indicators
I would not consider the grip safety a con by any means.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I would not consider the grip safety a con by any means.
I do....soorry....
Old 12-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #36
Sticks For Troops

make sure you get Hollow points dont want whoever you are shooting to get back up
Old 12-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #37

Quote:
make sure you get Hollow points dont want whoever you are shooting to get back up
More importantly, learn how to shoot straight. Hollow points help, but not if ya miss....
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
Sticks For Troops

well i figured that was a given.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #39
Banned
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
More importantly, learn how to shoot straight. Hollow points help, but not if ya miss....
Quote:
well i figured that was a given.
i will get hollowpoints, but i want to have the skills to put 3 bullets in a tight grouping. i figure if i'm going to shoot someone once, i might as well put 3, 6, or 10 bullets in them, then i doubt it'll matter if i'm using jhps or not.

regarding the m&p, i just found this:http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119717
Old 12-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #40
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
S&W M&P = No Saftey = No Ooppps I forgot to disengage the saftey to kill this guy breaking into my house, and he kills me
Muscle memory. practice practice practice.
Quote:
Counter-guy said that he like the S&W because it only had trigger safety and "the less moving parts, the better" which i can see both sides of that argument
With that type of thinking my 1911 should be broken all the time. it has 3 different safeties.