Notices

S&W M&P vs. SA XD

View Poll Results: Which 9mm?
Springfield Armory XD Service Model 190 58.64%
Smith & Wesson M&P 134 41.36%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #161
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
The Serbs are Christian Europeans.
The Albanians were the invaders and they are Muslim.
The UN sided with the invaders.

Alot of murky water got spread back and forth about what happened, but the biggest thing is that the albanians were trying to take the country, in the name is islam, and the serbs told them to go fuck themselves. They fought, the serbs killed alot, and we got the UN in a tailspin thinking that there was mass genocide going on. Sure, the serbs killed alot, but looking at that instance in this day and age, i have to agree with the serbs.

It'd be similar to Jordan invading and taking over israel, and israel killing as many as possible to prevent a take over, then the UN stepping in and saying "no no no, bad israel, you have to let them take over"

Moral of the story, the whole area between Austria and Turkey is a fucked-to-death pile of burning shit.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #162
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
The Serbs are Christian Europeans.
The Albanians were the invaders and they are Muslim.
The UN sided with the invaders.

Alot of murky water got spread back and forth about what happened, but the biggest thing is that the albanians were trying to take the country, in the name is islam, and the serbs told them to go fuck themselves. They fought, the serbs killed alot, and we got the UN in a tailspin thinking that there was mass genocide going on. Sure, the serbs killed alot, but looking at that instance in this day and age, i have to agree with the serbs.

It'd be similar to Jordan invading and taking over israel, and israel killing as many as possible to prevent a take over, then the UN stepping in and saying "no no no, bad israel, you have to let them take over"

Moral of the story, the whole area between Austria and Turkey is a fucked-to-death pile of burning shit.
agree to disagree, I really don't want to start this.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #163
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
agree to disagree, I really don't want to start this.
I'd buy an M&P. :P
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #164
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
Go with the xd shot the m&p and it was all over the place. The xd has way better craftsmanship too

probably we'rent using the right palm swell...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #166
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
I was dead set on an M&P9, but after handling a Walther PPQ at the gunshow last weekend I might be changing my mind....
Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #167
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
XDm

I can not speak for the XD, but I can vouch for the XDm. I looked at a Glock, M&P and an XDm all in 9mm. The XD backstrap safety did give me issues when I first shot one at my concealed class. I liked the M&P for everything but the trigger. The glock grip was too angled for me. The thing that swayed me was availablity, adjustablity, aftermarket accessories, trigger, and the safety straps. I know Glock has more aftermarket parts but since i was buying mainly for protection, the "bullet in the chamber" indicator and the 2 safety straps swayed me to the XDm. Since I was new to carrying a loaded firearm tucked close to my body i wanted to have those extra safety features. After buying the XDm i never had the issue of the gun not firing because of not depressing the safety straps, neither has my mother, father or girlfriend for that matter. Great gun accurate out of the box. I reccommend buying the sights you want though. Looked into switching sights and gave up because i read it was a royal PIA and didn't want to jeopardize point of aim on my defense gun.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #168
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicsTaco View Post
This may help your decision...

I really like my M&P .40 but I cannot comment on the XD.
A Couple companies make barrel conversion for the 40 to 9 on the xd.
You can also use your stock 40 mags with it too. Just bend the lip on top in a bit.
It also changes from a 10rd mag for a 40 to a 15 round mag in 9mm. So those in California be careful.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #169
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone seen the new m&p shield? Looks like my next pistol, in .40
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #170
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
Has anyone seen the new m&p shield? Looks like my next pistol, in .40
I saw one on the internet....3.1" barrel, 6+1 capacity in the 40....would make a great concealed carry gun.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #171
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I saw one on the internet....3.1" barrel, 6+1 capacity in the 40....would make a great concealed carry gun.
That's what I was thinking. I'm going to check one out next time I shoot.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #172
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i want a new shield but i think only the 9mm is out yet...has anyone seen a 40 sitting on the shelf?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #173
superfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperfair92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superfair92's Tacoma Gallery
40 is out now. i got the 9mm the day it was announced at the nra convention.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #174
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I worry about muzzle flip with the .40 on such a small gun.

I was looking at the Shield (9m) over the weekend, along side a Walther PPS. Both nice, the Walther seems of higher quality but the S&W seemed more comfortable.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #175
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFButters View Post
9mm here, love it!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #176
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Performance wise they will both be fine. I prefer the mp series pistols because unless it's a 1911, I don't want that extra safety on the back of the grip. I don't like the fact that you have to depress it to rack the slide.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #177
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
I love my M&P 9mm. Eventually I plan on getting an M&P .40 and an M&P sheild 9mm.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #178
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
I love my M&P 9mm. Eventually I plan on getting an M&P .40 and an M&P sheild 9mm.

If anyone is nearby and interested in a full size, virtually unfired M&P in .45, I have one I'll sell reasonable. My bride did the girl thing and insisted on the gun, even over a Sig or Kimber 1911, then found she couldn't hit with it. She now "owns" my STI.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #179
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiManKolt View Post
I love my M&P 9mm.
Really liking mine too.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #180
Yukon Cornelius
sell the M&P9 and pick up the 40 variant and then get a drop in 9mm barrel and a 357 sig barrel and you can shoot all three calibers out of one gun..