Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Hunting Dogs

Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #81
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
Going to start here soon. Anyone have any videos or training books for coon dogs I can buy? Also do you guys use gps collars for coon hunting?
Heres what I picked up last week
hows the pup coming along?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #82
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is my one year old boy. i trapped a coon this last weekend and let him see one for the first time i think he liked it...
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #83
????????????

here is another one
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
hows the pup coming along?
It's going good. Wonderful dog.
Treed with another dog the other night so I'm very pleased.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #85
Plottrunner is on a distinguished road
Army: Commo guy
Plottrunner's Tacoma Gallery
My hounds

I'm new to the forum. Running my coyote hounds is my biggest passion, my tacoma gets me there and pulls out fords and Chevys that try to keep up!!! I run plott hounds and my buddies run walkers. To anyone mocking hound hunting, these dogs are my kids and they get the best of everything, don't mock it till ya try it.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #86
EOD89D is on a distinguished road
Army: Future Soldier 89D EOD
Name: Thomas
EOD89D's Tacoma Gallery
Love dog hunting. There used to be a club up in NC I would hunt with that ran dogs. Its so exciting getting set up and then letting the dogs loose. It feels very tactical in a way: Setting up at strategic points and then keeping in contact through the radios. Man I miss that.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #87
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpin a old thread, bear hunting in all i do and love to do and is not as easy as every thinks it is. heres my me and my brothers dogs treed
Old 04-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #88
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and heres the end result, got too the first tree and he jumped out but they put him back up. i was proud of them that day.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #89

heres another one of my english gyp treed on a coon at 8 months
Old 04-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #90
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: Canadain bumber technician
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Little story for you guys .
Living way up North in Canada , I like to fish in lakes nobody else goes to .
Now if you lived where I do , thats every second lake and I never have to travel more than 30 minutes from my house .
Last summer while fishing , my dog started barking at the shoreline . I take my Pointer in the boat with me all the time .
So , we see a black lab on the shore in the middle of nowhere . Wife says to me " go see that dog "
I drive up to the dog and he is starving showing signs of extreme malnutrition Yet very happy to see us . I should have taken pictures . Gave him a couple sandwiches and put him in the boat .
He,s got one of those Tri Tronic hunting dog collars around his neck with some identity phone numbers to call .
When we got home , I called the number and was able to locate the owner after about a week of searching using the supplied serial numbers from the supplier of the transmitter . Apparently he was up in Canada on a bear hunt and lost his lab two months before we found the dog . The lab was 2 years old at the time .
I am not going to name the man from Utah but after a lengthly conversation , he only wanted the transmitter back because they were expensive and instructed me to do whatever I wanted with the dog .
I was rather pissd hearing this but mailed the transmitter back to him . After bringing his pure bread lab back to health , I posted a letter at our local grocery store explaining the story about how we found the lab and we wanted him to go to a good home . My cell phone rang off the hook . The lab is now in a happy home with 2 kids and a couple cats hehehe .
I am still a little upset how someone could simply discard a dog like that .
Here is a pic of my GSP .
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #91
jfdtruckman is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
jfdtruckman's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread guys, just found it myself. I grew up following my ol man who hunted coyote, deer and fox with walker running hounds and the neighbor down the road coon hunted with walker treeing hounds; best of both worlds. The dogmen are dying off here in AR but I still like to hear them bringing a deer by my stand in the fall. I hated reading the haters on the beginning of the thread but I just don't think they understand!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #92
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
I havent gone hunting since i was 20, but these two will tree and leave carcasses around the yard
Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #93

Looks like some redbones
Old 04-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #94
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
Yea Po (driver seat) looks more Redbone then Bea (rear), but their mutts. But they hunt, and fight like the siblings they are. They always get mistaken for rhodesian ridgebacks.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #95
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
I got a great GSP that runs yotes and birds. But I am in the market for a good beagle (or rabbit/small game dog). Anyone know a good breeder mid-atlantic for that?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #96
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
Now if you lived where I do , thats every second lake and I never have to travel more than 30 minutes from my house .
Last summer while fishing , my dog started barking at the shoreline . I take my Pointer in the boat with me all the time .
So , we see a black lab on the shore in the middle of nowhere . Wife says to me " go see that dog "
I drive up to the dog and he is starving showing signs of extreme malnutrition Yet very happy to see us . I should have taken pictures . Gave him a couple sandwiches and put him in the boat .
He,s got one of those Tri Tronic hunting dog collars around his neck with some identity phone numbers to call .
When we got home , I called the number and was able to locate the owner after about a week of searching using the supplied serial numbers from the supplier of the transmitter . Apparently he was up in Canada on a bear hunt and lost his lab two months before we found the dog . The lab was 2 years old at the time .
I am not going to name the man from Utah but after a lengthly conversation , he only wanted the transmitter back because they were expensive and instructed me to do whatever I wanted with the dog .
I was rather pissd hearing this but mailed the transmitter back to him . After bringing his pure bread lab back to health , I posted a letter at our local grocery store explaining the story about how we found the lab and we wanted him to go to a good home . My cell phone rang off the hook . The lab is now in a happy home with 2 kids and a couple cats hehehe .
That sucks. After losing our blacklab, I dont know how people could do that. I would have wiped my ass with the collar and sent it to him. Or dropped a fresh dog turd in the box with the collar.

I may have posted this, but here is my GSP.

cole by flyin' B photography, on Flickr
Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #97
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see a bunch of GSPs on here!

I just realized that this pic pretty much sums up my life: Fishing kayak, banjo, hunting dog, and my wife standing in the back watching us.

Mines a year old, but pretty much done on his bird training. Working sheds now. Recall ain't the best yet, but that ain't never easy with a GSP...

Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #98
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
Great Story! I don't know how ppl can treat dogs like old pieces of equipment, it really bothers me. I have a lab and she is by no means a hunting dog, more of a bed pig. But she is my buddy, love that dog!

Nice GSP! Those are great dogs, I might consider one if I need another bed pig. right now our king bed is a bit tight with the wife, lab and chihuhua in there.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #99
jawscardodger is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
jawscardodger's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a video of my year an a half old dog treed with a coon