Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

taurus 1911

Old 12-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Poor college student
dio1 is on a distinguished road

dio1's Tacoma Gallery
taurus 1911

i was thinking about buying a new taurus 1911 and was wondering if anyone owns one has heard of any problems with them thanks!
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard taurus is a great brand and is a good priced weapon... Good luck!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard mediocre things about the taurus 1911. Is there any reason your not considering one of the other brands? Sw, Kimber, colt make better production models than Taurus for similar price. To go better than that u need to go Wilson, nighthawk, or Les bear
Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Dirttaco21 is on a distinguished road

Dirttaco21's Tacoma Gallery
i have a friend who had one no problems with it. have you looked at the para ordnance G.I. expert?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pt145 and love it its a 45acp and small enough to hide any where
Old 12-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
I've read that the PT1911 is an excellent handgun for the price. I shoot a Kimber Tactical Custom II for my Action Pistol shoots and I love it. The only reason why I don't have a PT1911 is that they aren't on the CA legal hangduns roster. The only way to legally have one here is to buy it from a private pary who moved here from out of state. I have yet to find this deal...
Old 12-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
Poor college student

dio1's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just started looking at the 1911s and i was looking to spend around 500-600 dollars, im a little sceptical on the taurus brand (b/c it doesnt have the name like kimber or sw) but i like the prices . im going to do more research though
Old 12-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Springfield. I have the 1911 A-1 MIL-SPEC and have not had any issues whatsoever. I paid $580 for mine, but there are other models. For your price range I would go with the Springfield
Old 12-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
Poor college student

dio1's Tacoma Gallery
its funny u say that i was looking at that gun yesterday and i liked it but it doesnt have as many features as the taurus but i do kinda like the simplicity of it
Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it simple. easy is good. I have other more complicated guns, but my 1911 is my go to gun.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't heard much about them, but have looked at them at a local store. I like the fit and finish actually. The action on the one I looked at was comparable to a Kimber (WOW). However, my agency will not authorize this brand for some reason. We have guys who carry 1911's, but from what I understand we are limited to Kimber, Colt, Springfield Armory, Sig or Para. Taurus was specifically not authorized.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had mine for about 3yrs and about 500 rounds through it. No problems with the weapon at all. Its not a bad deal for the price.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Taurus was specifically not authorized.
Probably due to it not being american made I would guess. Law enforcement agencies are funny that way. It probably has to do with funding or something.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Probably due to it not being american made I would guess. Law enforcement agencies are funny that way. It probably has to do with funding or something.
Maybe..but what's our excuse for Glock or HK? Those are authorized. I think it's the reputation of the old Taurus. Evidently they had problems way back when. Comes down to that "once bitten, twice shy" kinda thing I guess.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
Maybe..but what's our excuse for Glock or HK? Those are authorized. I think it's the reputation of the old Taurus. Evidently they had problems way back when. Comes down to that "once bitten, twice shy" kinda thing I guess.
Isnt Sig German?...Mine says "Made in Germany"......
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Probably true. I am sure there is something to be said about German engineering and execution compared to Brazilian engineering and execution.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I know I have a few old sigs that have "Made in W. Germany" printed on them.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
Veteran Redleg

"Duetchland Duetchland uben rheinland...."
Old 12-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
My pee parts itch

Quote:
Some production is now stateside.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #20
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
Springfield. I have the 1911 A-1 MIL-SPEC and have not had any issues whatsoever. I paid $580 for mine, but there are other models. For your price range I would go with the Springfield
+1 on the SA Mil-Spec. It's right in your price range and Springfield's customer service is one of the best in the business. They offer a lifetime warranty whether you're the original owner or not.