Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

M1 Carbine price?

Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
M1 Carbine price?

Hey everbody i just have a question i got a Universal M1 Carbine a couple of years ago and i was thinking about selling it but i no idea what would be a good price to ask for it. Any ideas???
Old 03-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
No its not a Winchester its manufactered by Universal and its in pretty good shape.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Like phantom said, It really depends on alot of things. Condition? Is is correct? (ie. does it have all or close to all original parts on it). Does it have original stock, handguards? Has it been arsenal rebuilt? Muzzle / throat erosion? what is the serial number? etc., etc...

These guys sell a 'service grade' underwood for $565.00. You could fire off an email to them and ask them your question, but to get an accurate answer, they would have to have a look at it.

http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Northern Alliance Gynecologist
TacoMon is on a distinguished road

TacoMon's Tacoma Gallery
Not to offend in any way, but the Universal M-1 Carbine is pretty much a pile of crap. It is very cheap knock off, nothing compared to the military issue ones made in the US by everyone from General Motors, to Rocola here in Chicago.

That being said, you could probably sell it to someone that doesn't know any better for around $300, maybe $350.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMon View Post
Not to offend in any way, but the Universal M-1 Carbine is pretty much a pile of crap. It is very cheap knock off, nothing compared to the military issue ones made in the US by everyone from General Motors, to Rocola here in Chicago.

That being said, you could probably sell it to someone that doesn't know any better for around $300, maybe $350.

Thank you thats what i was looking for, what about if i added in two high capacity mags? would that drive the price up more?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
crap. for some reason, i read 'Underwood', not 'Universal'.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
Northern Alliance Gynecologist
TacoMon is on a distinguished road

TacoMon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Thank you thats what i was looking for, what about if i added in two high capacity mags? would that drive the price up more?
Sure, you could probably get $400 with them. The .30 Carbine ammo used to be dirt cheap, but like everything else it is through the roof now.

Good Luck,
TacoMon
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
According to my references, Universal Firearms Corporation began producing M1 Carbines in 1961. They first purchased many government surplus parts, however they did manufacture a majority of the parts themselves. Universal improved on the orignial military design. It is safe to say that the finish of both the metal and the wood is far superior to any of the war manufacturers, except perhaps the presentation models.
1. Model 1000 Std blued
2. Model 1002 Mil type with metal handguard
3. Model 1005 Monte Carlo stock
4. Model 1010 Deluxe, nickel plated
5. Model 1015 Deluxe, gold plated - for all you rich boys
6. Model 3000 Enforcer- this is classified as a handgun

Universal is/was located in Hialeah, Florida

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything to give you a price on what it is worth. If it is an earlier made rifle, it should command a higher price than a later built one. To give you an example, I purchased a M1 Carbine 15 years ago for the princely sum of 345.00. It was a Rock-Ola, original except for an Underwood barrel, which I've since replaced, one of 228,500 made by them during the war. That may seem like a high number of rifles, but Inland Manufacturing made 2,626,807 of them, Winchester made 836,680.
I cannot find anything to give me a total on how many rifles Universal made.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
we should have a weapons and explosives forum
Old 04-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
^ What should we start with first?