Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

How good did everyone do this deer season?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM   #21
tacoeater will become famous soon enoughtacoeater will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnny
tacoeater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 tacomas View Post
Got 2 so far- a doe and a buck. Thanks to urban archery season in my locality in Virginia- I can hunt until March 27th for deer (antlerless only in the special late season).

The Diamond Black Ice is gonna lay the smack down on some does this late season.

ohhh yeah....

Nice kill. I shoot a Diamond Black Ice and I got my first kill with it this year. Stuck a doe at 20yrds.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #22
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I did ok..I got a nice 9 point, my dad got a nice fat doe a couple of weeks ago also.

I was hoping for another one, but they just didnt cooperate. I have from sept 2010-feb2011, for JUST bow season, so I cant wait.

I just sat down and thought about it, i went at least twice a week, for 3 months straight bow hunting. damn thats alot of stand time this past fall.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #23
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
for the times that I went, I saw more deer this year than the last couple of years combined, which is not say a whole lot. I got lucky one night and shot a small spike, still have some of him left in the freezer, he sure tastes good, that's for sure. There is something very satisfying about eating something that you have killed yourself.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the little ones sure do taste good... I saw more deer this year than the past 2 years combined but I keep reading that harvests were down. My hunt club killed 178 deer this year and 153 last year so our local numbers were up....
Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #25
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
this was the first year i really had the time to hunt enough to make it worth while. I killed the 7pt Thanksgiving morning then a two year old doe two weeks later. I went this past weekend looking for another doe to stick in the freezer but had a large bodied 4pt walk out so i just took him. We have about 5 days left of the season so i might be able to add one more to list next week.
Attached Thumbnails
How good did everyone do this deer season?-img00672.jpg  
Old 01-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #26
bondsman is on a distinguished road
Name: fred
bondsman's Tacoma Gallery
four so far three does an one buck
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #27
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I forgot about the deer I have seen. I saw in total, over 20 deer this year, with a bow in hand. And the season dont end till feb. 20th.. Thats a record for me..lol
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I came up short this season for deer and elk, but it was a good year, got my first turkey.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Old 01-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #30
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Buck with a bow for me this year but enough of that. My 10 year old daughter got her first deer this year!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
why would you take a 4pt? next year that could have been a wall hanger.. especially if he was already large bodied

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo6up View Post
this was the first year i really had the time to hunt enough to make it worth while. I killed the 7pt Thanksgiving morning then a two year old doe two weeks later. I went this past weekend looking for another doe to stick in the freezer but had a large bodied 4pt walk out so i just took him. We have about 5 days left of the season so i might be able to add one more to list next week.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #32
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
i did alright considering i didnt hunt that much
3 does and 1 8 piont

also i seen a ass load

and by ass load i mean i seen 7 the first day
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #33
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
why would you take a 4pt? next year that could have been a wall hanger.. especially if he was already large bodied
'Wall Hanger' is all in the eye of the beholder...........wanna guess how much that deer above your post weighed? And it is going to be a 'Wall Hanger'? check out her smile before you answer though....sorry to derail, just sayin'.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
well of course a 1st deer taken by your daughter is a wall hanger. The guy I was refering to already had a nice 7pt. and obviously noone is going to mount a 4pt the same season they kill a 7pt. just stating that if you want to have some big bucks on your property you got to let some walk and wait for next year unless of course you are ONLY hunting for meat
Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #35
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Since I am out here in Hawaii I didn't get a chance to get anything this year. Next year I will be making up for all of this lost time up in a tree! I shoot a Bowtech Tomkat and love it. I haven't killed anything with it yet but can't wait till next season! What type of bows are you guys out there shooting?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #36
tacoeater will become famous soon enoughtacoeater will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnny
tacoeater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanspawn View Post
Damn that thing is a Stomper! Do you have any more pics of him? Did you get it scored?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #37
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heres my 2 kills from my trip to Wyoming

Where at in WY were you for the deer in the first pic?

The second pic is not a deer.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 AM   #38
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
two bucks

10pt and a 6pt. and a bobcat
Good hunting in Mason, Texas
No picture of the 6pt yet
Attached Thumbnails
How good did everyone do this deer season?-miscpictfromphone-015.jpg   How good did everyone do this deer season?-miscpictfromphone-012.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #39
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've been letting the nice 4pts and 6pts walk ever since i killed my 7pt but the 4pt i was referring to had a really deformed rack and he had outgrown his rack by far. Trying to keep the better genes in the area because based on all of the rest of the deer I've seen on the farm this 4pt was not going to make a wall hanger because he was already about a 3yr old deer. I've seen two different spikes less than a year old with 10-12" tines already this year out there so i know that the bucks will be there over the next couple of years.

I am a firm believer in managing your hunting grounds and that is what i'm doing by shooting the oldest deer whether its a buck or a doe.
I'm still going to do a European mount with the 4pt just like i did with the 7pt simply because i can't afford to have one mounted, plus i like the rustic look better anyways.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #40
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoeater View Post
Damn that thing is a Stomper! Do you have any more pics of him? Did you get it scored?
I wish I could truly claim this buck as my own, its not. It was killed in Ohio by muzzleloader. It scored 235 i beleive