Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

How good did everyone do this deer season?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
How good did everyone do this deer season?

Just wondering how good yall did this fall, I did okay I didn't get a nice buck though. I ended the year with 6 does, 2 spike bucks and 1 button buck. I got 1 with the bow, 1 with the muzzleloader and 7 with my shotgun... Can't wait for October 2010!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

^ That is all.^
Old 01-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
what in the fack? you got 6 deer?, no bag limit where you live i take it. I had 2 does coming in every night eatin my apples but i didnt get my doe tag. i was waitin on this buck that had been comin around for the last 2 years. He was an 8 pointer this year. As im walkin up to my stand with my bow i can hear somethin movin around out in front of me. I could only see through a small opening in the trees as i was still on the trail up to the stand i looked through and there he stood. We had a 15 minute staring match as i tried to get closer. I started bringin the bow up slowly,almost had him in sights at about 30yds, when i got to watch his bright white tail take off. never seen him again.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nothing at all for me this year...............not even a doe. had few opportunities to do so too tho. been a good while since i didn't anything. gonna try to find some land to lease for next season though.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
only killed one doe... didn't get too many chances to get in the woods this year. saw plenty, just let everything walk until the one day i got out on the last week of the season.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Yea we can only kill 3 antlered bucks per season here and 3 antlerless deer with our initial tags, then you can buy as many bonus tags as you like for antlerless deer. So if your good you can kill 3 bucks and as many does as you can shoot. Im not a trophy hunter I just like being outdoors and eating venison, I also try to donate 1 or 2 deer a year to hunters for the hungry. The farmers here will not let you hunt unless you shoot does which is fine with me. We can kill 25-30 deer a day and still see 100 in the fields at night, its crazy....
Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
yea im more of a trophy hunter, would never shoot a spike.. but thats just me. we see enough does that we can wait till the last week or 2 to wipe em out and have meat for the rest of the year plus some.

i guess i could post pics of my mule deer hunting trip tho
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Slightly Sane
2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2 tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Got 2 so far- a doe and a buck. Thanks to urban archery season in my locality in Virginia- I can hunt until March 27th for deer (antlerless only in the special late season).

The Diamond Black Ice is gonna lay the smack down on some does this late season.

ohhh yeah....

Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #10

Law Enforcement:
Yes lucky you! I would love to bow hunt for a couple extra months but my wife would kill me!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
heres my 2 kills from my trip to Wyoming

Old 01-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #12

Law Enforcement:
Freakin awesome I am planning a trip out west in the next couple years....
Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
i wish deer season was that long up here. Its only a month long up here, a month and 3 weeks if youre a bow hunter. Youre only aloud 1 deer, with antlers or without, not both. Theyres not enough deer to go around as is up here anyway lol. Moose season is 3 days,its always a thursday,friday and saturday.

oh shit i counted wrong lol you got 9 not 6
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Yes here archery season starts the first saturday of October, then muzzleloader around the 1st of November, then gun season runs mid-november to the first Sat in January. So we get a solid 3 months....
Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
The rut is just kicking into full gear here in alabama. I have 1 - 7 pt, 1-6pt and 2 does so far all with a bow. I am certainly hoping over the next couple weeks I can add a trophy to that list.
Attached Thumbnails
How good did everyone do this deer season?-img_1017a.jpg   How good did everyone do this deer season?-img_1027a.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
Slightly Sane
2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2 tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter160 View Post
Yes here archery season starts the first saturday of October, then muzzleloader around the 1st of November, then gun season runs mid-november to the first Sat in January. So we get a solid 3 months....
In the urban archery zones up here the deer season runs September 5 - March 27th this year.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Hunted 3x this season. Lucked up on the Third time.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Hunted 3x this season. Lucked up on the Third time.

Wow,
Nice main beams. Neck shot huh, bang your dead. Nice deer.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
no luck this year, first season though. and I didnt get out much
Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i still got a week and a half down here so i will be going out next weekend. Hopefully we get something. If not its only 2 months away for turkey season.