Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Crossbreed Holsters

Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Crossbreed Holsters

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Default.aspx

I know some folks choose to not talk about their concealed carry/equipment...I respect that
If you do and you have these holsters- I'd love to hear what you think.

Your opinons on: Comfort, Weight handling, Draw comfort, Concealment.
Did you need a new belt?,
What is you normal pant size and your pant size with carry?

Just interested for...uhh....shitz and gigglez.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

I know some folks choose to not talk about their concealed carry/equipment...I respect that

x2 as i have considered one myself
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
i have one, but havent gotten my concealed carry permit, i do notice that i have to wear a pant size bigger and loosen my belt a notch... but its mostly because i plan on carrying a full size double stack springfield xdm-40 on my person at all times... any more questions?

www.defensivecarry.com is a great site for this kinda stuff
Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
It looks almost exactly like my Comp Tac Holster that I use for my 10mm Glock 29. Mine is very confortable.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
Old 01-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
I have this holster. Ive had it about a year now and really like it. Its obviously not as comfortable as an outside-the-waistband holster but its still not bad. You are better off with subcompacts in an inside-the-waistband holster, especially if you are a guy with lovehandles like me.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
I was researching an IWB for my G27 awhile back and opted for the Minotaur M-Tac:

Crossbreed and Minotaur IWB holsters are pretty much equal. You'll hear arguments for one or the other. But I think you'll be happy with either one.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #9
sleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of light
sleepdr's Tacoma Gallery
I have lots of holsters, and used to wear Kramer horsehide exclusively when carrying IWB.

Got a Crossbreed Supertuck last summer, and haven't looked back. It is extremely comfortable. Sure, it isn't as aesthetically pleasing as a well-boned leather holster. It is comfortable, functional, and conceals very well. A Glock 26 disappears without too much effort. The IWB mag pouch, OTOH, is a bit bulky. 99% of the time, it's easier just to use an inexpensive Blackhawk kydex OWB pouch. I haven't needed a new belt, but that's because I use a Wilderness 5 stitch that adjusts easily with varying waist sizes.

BTW, an Uncle Mike's paddle holster fits very nicely right under the Tacoma's steering column. I usually keep IWB, but sometimes it's nice to stick the pistol under there and relieve that extra waistband pressure.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdr View Post
I have lots of holsters, and used to wear Kramer horsehide exclusively when carrying IWB.

Got a Crossbreed Supertuck last summer, and haven't looked back. It is extremely comfortable. Sure, it isn't as aesthetically pleasing as a well-boned leather holster. It is comfortable, functional, and conceals very well. A Glock 26 disappears without too much effort. The IWB mag pouch, OTOH, is a bit bulky. 99% of the time, it's easier just to use an inexpensive Blackhawk kydex OWB pouch. I haven't needed a new belt, but that's because I use a Wilderness 5 stitch that adjusts easily with varying waist sizes.

BTW, an Uncle Mike's paddle holster fits very nicely right under the Tacoma's steering column. I usually keep IWB, but sometimes it's nice to stick the pistol under there and relieve that extra waistband pressure.
I love my wilderness instructors belt. I got the titanium which is super light and the ability to strap into a line with a carabiner came in handy while I was trimming my trees, lol.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

The crossbreed Supertuck is the most comfortable and concealable holster I have ever owned. Well worth the price.