Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

kel tec

Old 01-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #41
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
im looking in to getting a kel tec p11 this next week just wanted to see what you guys think about this small handgun
i have a kel-tec p11. ive had it for 5-6 yrs. its a good shooting pistol, takes a few rounds to get use to it. it has a 9lb trigger pull, no safety! i like it, but i wish i woulda just saved a few more months & bought a glock 19.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #42
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
thanks for the post man i wanted to know if someone just used it for a beater gun and liked it
I have shot the PF-9, and the P-11. I like both. I have smaller hands and can get away with the P3AT. Those with larger hands chose the P-11. THey work just fine to about 10yrds. You can shoot them farther, but don't expect 1" groups.

The thing with MOST sub-compacts is they WILL jam if you limpwrist them. Keltec's, LCP, Kahr, Cobra, etc. will let you know if you limp wrist them. Tight firm grip and they will go bang.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #43
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
im going to be purchasing a new sub-compact semi-auto soon

ive decided that the G27 is just too big to carry as a backup concealed...

after a LOT of reading and talking to a bunch of folks, my plan is to purchase a Ruger LCP .380

its very similar in design to the Kel-Tec P-3AT but the grip is a bit different, its SLIGHTLY larger (like tenths and hundreths of an inch)

it has incorporated an Glock-style ejector and an external slide stop

i got to hold one a couple nights ago, and it felt good in my hand...the only thing i noticed is it has an extremely LONG trigger pull...

i suspect it wont be comfortable to shoot however im not purchasing this gun to shoot competitions...its being purchased SOLELY as a backup weapon for when/if the SHTF and i lose access to my primary weapon for some reason or another

the Ruger is small enough to fit in a pocket, and light enough to not weigh me down or bounce around a lot when im running like my G27 does
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #44
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
im going to be purchasing a new sub-compact semi-auto soon

ive decided that the G27 is just too big to carry as a backup concealed...

after a LOT of reading and talking to a bunch of folks, my plan is to purchase a Ruger LCP .380

its very similar in design to the Kel-Tec P-3AT but the grip is a bit different, its SLIGHTLY larger (like tenths and hundreths of an inch)

it has incorporated an Glock-style ejector and an external slide stop

i got to hold one a couple nights ago, and it felt good in my hand...the only thing i noticed is it has an extremely LONG trigger pull...

i suspect it wont be comfortable to shoot however im not purchasing this gun to shoot competitions...its being purchased SOLELY as a backup weapon for when/if the SHTF and i lose access to my primary weapon for some reason or another

the Ruger is small enough to fit in a pocket, and light enough to not weigh me down or bounce around a lot when im running like my G27 does
I don't know if you have tried this, but I put my G27 on my vest under the uniform shirt in a vest holster and it doesn't budge when I run.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #45
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by astral View Post
I don't know if you have tried this, but I put my G27 on my vest under the uniform shirt in a vest holster and it doesn't budge when I run.
link to a vest holster?

i havent tried this...as my uniform shirts would need to be modified (button to velcro) to do this...

ive thought about it but have never seen a holster for my vest...and no one i know carries like that
Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #46
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
im going in monday to see if they will order a PF-9
Old 01-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #47
Stop your whining
DarkShadows54 will become famous soon enoughDarkShadows54 will become famous soon enough
DarkShadows54's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at the LCP but will be going with the LCR. God forbid the first shot doesnt fire you dont have to mess with the slide and chamber another round, just pull the trigger again. Ya its only 5 rounds but I highly doubt anyone else is gonna hang around after you put 2-3 in his buddy. If that doesnt run em off youre probably in deep shit anyway. The trigger pull is great on the LCR and will add the crimson trace as well.

I have a glock 26 as well and like tigerfan its too bulky a lot of times.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #48
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
link to a vest holster?

i havent tried this...as my uniform shirts would need to be modified (button to velcro) to do this...

ive thought about it but have never seen a holster for my vest...and no one i know carries like that
http://www.google.com/products?q=unc...ter&hl=en&aq=f

I put the vest strap(s) through the outside strap of the holster itself which creates enough pressure to keep the gun in so I don't need the retention strap. I have never had it move while running. I just have buttons on my shirt as it doesn't take much more to rip open the shirt than it would with velcro, and if I am going for my backup gun I am past caring about the buttons.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #49
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astral View Post
http://www.google.com/products?q=unc...ter&hl=en&aq=f

I put the vest strap(s) through the outside strap of the holster itself which creates enough pressure to keep the gun in so I don't need the retention strap. I have never had it move while running. I just have buttons on my shirt as it doesn't take much more to rip open the shirt than it would with velcro, and if I am going for my backup gun I am past caring about the buttons.

gracias

i'm gonna go to the local LE supply next week and check those out
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #50
Rob
robdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the rough
Marines: 2nd MP BN
Name: Robert
robdawg14m's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a PF-9 and I love it! Kel-tec makes a belt clip for the gun too, so I can just slide it into the back of my pants with no problem. I can wear a t shirt and jeans without anyone ever knowing im packing heat.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #51
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

have you used the rail on it yet?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #53
THE RED DRAGON!!

yepp i saw it has it
Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #55
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
Go with the P3AT best all round conceable piece for the price
Kel-Tec also has kick butt customer service. They are about as "No questions asked" as a gun company can get. A friend bought at Sub-2000 from some clown that did some home made trigger job. KT replaced all the trigger group parts for nothing.
I use a 3AT as my BUG.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #56
Rob
robdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the rough
Marines: 2nd MP BN
Name: Robert
robdawg14m's Tacoma Gallery
Havent used the rail yet, nor do I think I ever will, but I love the belt clip.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #57
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
i go back home next wk to get my keltec p32. they are gonna put the belt clip on it for me. got the black on black one. my brother has the .380 & thats what i wanted originally but the place thats got my p32 on hold calls people everyday to get some keltec .380s in stock, but no luck. so i will be fine with the p32. i got my CC back in nov last yr & keep my XD .40 n my truck. in LA we have the open carry law & the extension of yur home in yur vehicle so im all good down here, but in AR u cant do either so the CC works out up there. i cant wait to start packin with the p32

i have never heard anything bad about a keltec .380 or p32
Old 02-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #58
THE RED DRAGON!!

just picked that up last week]
Old 02-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #59
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a sigma?

Academy just dropped the price to $299...last week when they were still $319 they had a $50 mail in rebate going...I wonder if there still offering the mail in rebate with the new price?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #60
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the 380 for my wife, and we both love it. The thing has a bit of kick to it, mostly because its tiny and light, but with that being said, its tiny and light. It'll work in a pinch, if you know what I mean.