1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Carrying a piece in your truck

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Flycatcher, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Apr 19, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    http://www.desantisholster.com/n92.html

State laws pending that doesn't look like a bad way to carry in your vehicle. More accessible than on your person and a lot more secure than tucking it some where in the center console.

Not idea if it adjusts to fit in a yota, just something I was keeping my eye on.

2. May 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Only weapon in my truck is myself.

To young to legally own a gun :(

I carry a knife at all times though.

3. May 2, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    yellowrr

yellowrr Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab, 4WD, Manual, TRD Off-Road, SR5
    I keep a USP Compact .40 with a spare mag in the center console. I'm normally a .45 guy, but I've read some research about the .40 s&w being able to penetrate car parts better than a .45 acp. I don't know how true that is, but I liked the larger capacity, so I went with it.

4. May 2, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    I carry a hairy set of balls and a trouser snake. When there is trouble I just take off my pants and jacket.

5. May 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    kai38`

kai38` Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM is an open carry state. As long as its visible you can carry (certain places you can't) a loaded pistol. Its a great state.

http://carryconcealed.net/legal/newmexico-ccw-state-laws.php

I will be traveling through New Mexico in a private automobile, are there any laws that address the issue of having a gun in my automobile?
    New Mexico law allows a person to have a concealed loaded firearm in his/her vehicle (including motorcycles and bicycles). If you are not licensed to carry concealed in this State, you may not have the weapon concealed on your person when you exit your vehicle or motorcycle.

If I have my gun holstered in “plain view” on my belt will I be breaking the law
    New Mexico is an Open Carry State, meaning it is legal to carry a loaded weapon as long as it is not concealed. However, it is not legal to carry any firearm in any federal building, school, state building, or licensed liquor establishment. It is the responsibility of the person carrying the firearm to be informed as to when/where carrying is prohibited.

6. May 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    Didn't know that tidbit about bicycles being included. Looks like my "stimulus" check is more likely to be going toward a new pistol. I've been looking to get something to carry while biking. Lots of strays and untrained dogs around here that like to try to eat you. I've been thinking something in .45LC/.410, like the Taurus Tracker.

7. May 3, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I carry a .45 Taurus Mill. PT145 in my leather hidden agenda and I have a permit as well even though is not required. I travel alot through Texas Oklahoma and Louisianna and makes me feel much safer knowing my .45 is right there.

8. May 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    You dont need a .45long colt for riding! thats a-lot of punch for the trail dude, All you really need is a .380 or something small, light weight, and easy to carry. If a dog or big cat charges the noise alone should freak it out! Think of the size of a big cats (or dog) head...it's in motion, Its gunna getcha, your fumbling trieng to get your pistol out of your gay ass looking fanny pack, and boom he has the back of your neck! you cant shoot it in the head now!!!! better off packin a med size knife.

Maybe your point is that you can preemptive (sp) kill an animal, well my freind dont make the news 'cause every hippie, tree huggin liberal will be wanting your ass on a rope.

Guess my point is, your better off with an ASP extendable baton or med size knife while on the trail or in your neighborhood. The ASP is probably your best bet in the city. http://www.batondefense.com/images/Asp/asp-baton-1.jpg and a med size knife in the country.
    ^
    |
    |
    My buddy just got back from Iraq and said that they were standard issue on patrol.

9. May 3, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    I've seen MP units that had them issued but most units don't. We had guys trading knives for them but the ASPs they traded for couldn't leave theater (or they just weren't willing to do the paperwork).

As far as defense from animals. Just get a .22 pistol. If you can't outrun it you'll get your point across.

10. May 3, 2008 at 11:41 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i have an asp...issued equipment here...never had to deploy it...but its handy to have...and easier to carry off duty than a handgun

those things do NOT feel good...i think a sharp blow to the top of a dogs head would be enough to at least stun it long enough for you to stop an attack

11. May 4, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    LOL. I never said I would be packing .45LC. I would go for .410 shot if I were to do it because good luck aiming well enough while still on a bike to hit something with a single slug. I only mentioned the .45LC because every pistol I've come across that will fire .410 will also fire .45LC. Also, I would never carry in a "gay ass" fanny pack. I would go for either an ankle or small of the back holster or rig up something that I can strap to the bike frame.

I usually have a knife (3" blade) on me already, but for a knife to be effective whatever is coming after you will basically have to be mauling you already. A baton would have a little more reach but still whatever you're warding off would need to be up in your shit.

Luckily, I've been able to outrun everything I've come across so far, but I'm trying to ride more and farther so it's more likely that eventually I won't be able to. That's why I'm thinking of getting a small pistol.

A friend mentioned once the same thing about getting a .22, but it just doesn't seem to me that .22 would be effective enough without unloading everything into it.

12. May 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    I was using the fanny pack to paint a picture, in no was to say any man with his balls still attached would carry one these days. You can pickup a .38 with "snake shot" I have no experience with them but they look like something that would work for ya!

The fanny pack thing was funny though wasn't it!

13. May 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    hehe, carrying a gun in Mexico not only is illegal, but it wouldn't help ya, considering the bad guys (drug dealers) have AK47, grenades and all that stuff....

14. May 9, 2008 at 8:22 PM
    Duck_CommanderTX

Duck_CommanderTX Duckman

Member:
    Corinth, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Lifted TRD 4X4
    OME Lift Moto Metal Rims BFG ATs 265-75R16 (31.6") N-Fab Pre Runner Bar N-Fab Nerf Bars PIAA Lights TRD Exhaust K&N Filter TRD Seat Covers Kenwood DNX8120 Stereo/GPS
    I generally carry the "Turban Chaser" and a handgun.... usually a G26 but sometimes the pictured HK P2000 9mm. They want to meet Allah.... I am here to help :D I also carry some Bear strength pepper spray and a couple flash bangs.

DSC00443_ba19fcb33869efe4cd9f3a12406284b3e9704a1f.jpg

15. May 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    Nice......

Im sorry this is way off topic but when you said bear pepper spray I thought of this clip!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeo-2s3dZZ0

16. May 12, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I carry concealed 5-6 days a week. When Im in the truck, I keep my weapon in between the center console ( near the shifter) and the passenger seat. In the winter I carry a Sig 220 in .45 ACP. In the Summer, I carry a Glock 26. :)

17. May 15, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Three gun racks.
    I also have a consol and a floor mount safe

18. May 15, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes I do have a collection of badges and ID Cards.
    For some reason people tend to think a COL. of Infantry trustworthy.

19. May 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:

Actually it did help me.

20. May 15, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle: