Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

SIG556 or ar15

View Poll Results: Sig556 or = ar15
SIG556 16 32.00%
AR15 34 68.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
SIG556 or ar15

Should i get a Sig 556 at $1000 ($1300-$300 mail in rebate) or a equally priced Ar-15 of any company.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
The Sig I held seemed kind of heavy.... What AR would you be looking at?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
TBAGRR is on a distinguished road

TBAGRR's Tacoma Gallery
AR! you can completely customize it with anything you want for a fair price. I love sig, but i think the AR platform is best! ......... I saw today sig has made a ar15 that is coming out soon, might be worth checking into
Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im up in the air with the AR build. For the money i would likely go with magpul stock and grip and a free float 4 up front. Ive been playing with the idea of pairing it with a 20" fluted bull barrel. Probably would weigh in at 7.5+. So close or same as a sig556. I havent held the sig but i saw the coupon and it seemed like a good deal.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #6

I likely wouldnt be able to afford gas piston on the ar platform though. Any link to that sig ar?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Love the Sig but you would need to put a quad rail on it. The plastic ones they come with are kind of flimsy. I still thing the AR would be the best buy though. Whole lot more accessories out there for them at a whole lot better price.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
AR, you can customize it how ever you'd like.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
TBAGRR is on a distinguished road

TBAGRR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNROBERTS View Post
I likely wouldnt be able to afford gas piston on the ar platform though. Any link to that sig ar?
Yes sir i got it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_maggcteEY
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the Sig design, and for $1000.00 I may lean twards it. The only thing I didnt like about it was teh weight. My AR is easilly 2# lighter than the Sig I looked at.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I really like the Sig design, and for $1000.00 I may lean twards it. The only thing I didnt like about it was teh weight. My AR is easilly 2# lighter than the Sig I looked at.
Agreed, especially when you start to mod the sig the weight adds up quick.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #12

I guess its coming down to whether i really want the gas piston system or not. On another note the sig516 is msrp at $1300 it seems. No telling what initial prices will be or the official release date on it.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Rock River Arms.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #15

I cant seem to find a good price online on the rugers. Anyone have a link?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #17
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I'm not a fan of the Sigs piston system. I'd get an LMT, Charles Daily or something similar. For a piston rifle, LWRC FTW.
Whats the difference between the Sig, and LWRC?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #18
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Whats the difference between the Sig, and LWRC?
Well for one, the LWRC has a proprietary short stroke piston system that is self regulating. The Sig556 does not. It does not need to be adjusted for different types of ammo like the Sig does. The short stroke piston also is inherently more accurate than a long stroke piston.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Well for one, the LWRC has a proprietary short stroke piston system that is self regulating. The Sig556 does not. It does not need to be adjusted for different types of ammo like the Sig does. The short stroke piston also is inherently more accurate than a long stroke piston.
Cool. Thanks Matt.