Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

how would you dispatch a goat, up close and personal?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
how would you dispatch a goat, up close and personal?

man i know has a huge herd. i was half joking when i asked if he would sell me one for food. i heard is is like lamb but better...and low fat/cholesterol, high protein. he said. YES! this spring...

damn...i'm thinking a 9mm between they eyes. any ideas?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Grab horns, tilt head slightly downward, insert high velocity lead behind the crown of the skull.

Also helps to stand beside and slightly behind it to avoid the mess.

Also also, push the horns away from you with a semi-open palm as they'll get ripped right out of your hand when you fire.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you get a female.
right behind the ear. we used to kill pigs and cows that way with a .22
dont shoot it in the forhead they got hard heads. lol
Old 01-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #4
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I agree not to shoot in the forehead. They head bang brick walls for fun. A 9 might not work there. If you have an issue with the up close and personal behind the ear, a 223 broadside through the ribs will work quite well. Right behind the shoulder so that you don't ruin shoulder meat but still hit lungs (mid to high) or heart (low). Let me know how it tastes.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
make sure you get a female.
right behind the ear. we used to kill pigs and cows that way with a .22
dont shoot it in the forhead they got hard heads. lol
Listen to this guy, I have heard too many stories of a .22 bouncing off the forehead of pigs.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thanks for the advice. i will choose a female meat goat.

.22 can take out a pig easy. right between the eyes. did 4 of them last year. helped my neighbor do the wetwork, and she gave me a 90lb-der for my troubles....forgot about goat skulls..again, thanks for the shot placement tip.

my friend who introduced me to the guy wants to pace off 50 steps and shoot our arrows at them. maybe not.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBoy View Post
I. Let me know how it tastes.

we arrowed a huge nasty billy a few months ago in texas. they broke thru a fence, and the landowner gave us the green light..nasty, smelly thing...huge balls. we slow cooked him in thai curry...well, we cooked a shoulder. effen delicious! first animal to make me gag, while gutting...did i mention that it stunk?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
my friend who introduced me to the guy wants to pace off 50 steps and shoot our arrows at them. maybe not.
That will most certainly do the trick, assuming he's accurate. But then you may need to wait half an hour for the thing to bleed to death.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
THis reminds me of the time we won a buffalo in a raffle. My dad got excited about going out and shooting it thinking it would be in a open field. Turns out it was in a small pen and it was only a 2 year old or something...small anyways. My dads .308 did a number on it. Didn't even have time to flinch, it just dropped. We brought our butcher friend with us, farmer lifted it up with his tractor, skinned it, sliced it into quarters with a power saw. 45 minutes in and out!