Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Looking for a Reflex / Holographic Sight

Old 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a Reflex / Holographic Sight

I searched around here a bit and didn't find anything. So I wanted to ask the gun guys a couple questions. I probably could have found the info on a gun/rifle/weapon forum, but I like TW and our knoledgeable folks.

So anyways, I've recently decided to purchase an AR (thanks to the members that answered my questions, and Packerfan). I don't personally want a higher magnification scope on it cause I already have a rifle for that purpose. What I (think I) want is a reflex/holographic sight.

From what I think I gathered is you can buy a magnification tool thingy to aid with such sight. Is this correct? I'm looking for about 4x magnification.

An ACOG would be nice to have, but I don't want to spend that. EOTech would be awesome. But again, they are somewhat pricey. I think? I don't want one that is going to loose its zero every 150-200 rounds. I want a solid built, nice piece of equipment. But I'm sure you "get what you pay for".

So the question is, who has used one? What brand is good? Did you like it? Is this even worth it?

I would like to keep the budget from whatever to at max $300. Anything reasonable beyond that I can consider.

Thanks for reading this. And thanks for your input.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
the eotech 552 are awesome
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a NC Star red dot for like 50 bucks or so...I havent shot more than about 30 rounds through it yet though so I cant say how well it holds up. But if I had the cash I would get an EOtech for sure...or maybe an aimpoint
Old 01-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah. After reading much, I'm thinking Aimpoint and EOtech are top notch. I'm leaning more toward EOtech though. Probably a 512. But I'd like to have magnifier as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
EOTECH.. play cod mw2 and you will see a holographic
Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
EOTECH.. play cod mw2 and you will see a holographic
I play. On the game I'd rather use red dot.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #10
TBAGRR is on a distinguished road

TBAGRR's Tacoma Gallery
Eotech is good stuff however there battery life has been pretty poor!!!! Some of there new stuff is suppose to be better, there a little bulky for me i prefer the trijicon reflex however there a few dollars more, its hard to find a quality optic for less than 300 unfortunately!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #11
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Eotech 552 and like it but if you want to spend that much you must also look at the AIMPoint.
If you don't plan on taking this rifle into combat I'd suggest the Bushnell which is basically an Eotech without the shock protector cover.

http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...hl=en&sa=title
Old 02-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

X2 on what packerfan said. The bushnell holo sight is pretty much the EOtech. and if you dont plan on clearing any buildings in the desert with it, it should be fine for your use

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Throwin another vote tward the EoTech
Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
Stayed Up Too Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I have an Eotech 552 and like it but if you want to spend that much you must also look at the AIMPoint.
If you don't plan on taking this rifle into combat I'd suggest the Bushnell which is basically an Eotech without the shock protector cover.

http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...hl=en&sa=title

Great suggestion man. Thanks. What I'm thinking is mostly target and coyote hunting. Maybe even hogs? Is that possible?

Does anyone else make a good quality magnifier (3x or 4x) for the Bushnell sight? Or what would you suggest?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
sgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of lightsgrappone is a glorious beacon of light
Army: Infantry
Name: Scott
sgrappone's Tacoma Gallery
Aimpoint M68 has my vote. I carried it in the Army. Very rugged and user friendly. I had an eotech and wasn't happy with it so I forked out the money for an ACOG and wish I would have bought an aimpoint. Don't get me wrong the ACOG is sweet but not really worth if your not going to use it to it's full potential. That's my opinion.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #17
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
Great suggestion man. Thanks. What I'm thinking is mostly target and coyote hunting. Maybe even hogs? Is that possible?

Does anyone else make a good quality magnifier (3x or 4x) for the Bushnell sight? Or what would you suggest?
You may either want to get a scope for coyote or save up for a good magnifier. Remember, you usually get what you pay for.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Remember, you usually get what you pay for.

x2

my ideal setup would be a CQB gun with an EOtech and then a bull barrel setup with a good variable power scope....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #20
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard great things about the Eotechs. I'm more of a ACOG guy myself.
But Eotech vs. Aimpoint for red dot sights. I would go with the Eotech.