Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Suggestions for a Beginner Bow

Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for a Beginner Bow

Years ago I had a compound bow, and decently nice Browning with I think a 50lb draw weight. It's been so long I don't remember what my draw length is, but I finally live somewhere that I can go out in my backyard and shoot a bow. I most likely won't hunt with it, just target shooting. I'm just looking for suggestions on what to look for and where to look. I'm also not convinced I want a compound bow, I've watch that Ferguson guy shoot his long bow and I'm thinking I might like to get one of those, or a recurve.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
dog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to alldog tired is a name known to all

Army: Infantry
dog tired's Tacoma Gallery
PSE Stinger package at Cabalas
Old 02-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
I won't make any suggestions as far as bows go, I will make a suggestion though, shoot many, and often, because you will not be happy with the first one you shoot "just because the price is right" sticker shock sucks, we all know that, but you will be happier with spending a little more to get a little more. If you are not 100% sure about recurve versus compound, go to a local archery shop and ask around. If the guys in the shop are worth a shit, they will help you out the best way they know how. Good luck, and happy shooting. Make sure you shoot the bow you intend to buy before you buy it, that way you will know what it shoots like.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog tired View Post
PSE Stinger package at Cabalas
I have that and I love it, couldn't have asked for a better bow for a beginner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
I won't make any suggestions as far as bows go, I will make a suggestion though, shoot many, and often, because you will not be happy with the first one you shoot "just because the price is right" sticker shock sucks, we all know that, but you will be happier with spending a little more to get a little more. If you are not 100% sure about recurve versus compound, go to a local archery shop and ask around. If the guys in the shop are worth a shit, they will help you out the best way they know how. Good luck, and happy shooting. Make sure you shoot the bow you intend to buy before you buy it, that way you will know what it shoots like.
Best info I've heard...