Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

First Gun

Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
I've been shooting the Glock 22 and although nice it just didn't feel right in my hand.The Xd felt really natural.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #22
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!! That was my first gun as well. I liked it so much I got myself an XD45 and I gave the 40 to my wife. Great choice in firearms!!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #23
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
See Im the exact opposite on the glocks. I had a glock 19 and I didnt like it at all. I traded it for a rem 700 .308. Loved that gun but decided to sell if for a AR (big mistake). then wanted another pistol and landed on the XD40 and fell in love with it
Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #24
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
See Im the exact opposite on the glocks. I had a glock 19 and I didnt like it at all. I traded it for a rem 700 .308. Loved that gun but decided to sell if for a AR (big mistake). then wanted another pistol and landed on the XD40 and fell in love with it
Yeah, Glocks always felt weird to me. Between the two, they are both very similar in the durability realm. It would come down to comfort for most informed buyers.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #25
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pistol. I'm currently researching on what to get soon (turn 21 in a couple months)

Right now a P229/P226 is at at top of my list, but the XD's arent far behind.

Springfield just came out with a XDm compact (they call it the 380 or something) but I would like to have something chambered in .40, and right now it's only in 9mm.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #26
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
splurg and get an AR .. sold mine for the downpayment for my taco. Never fired an XD but I've held one and I must admit it felt very very nice, I've never liked how double-action pistols fire but they're starting to grow on me.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
i stand corrected! looks like it with the trigger hangin way out there. thanks for the correction!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
i stand corrected! looks like it with the trigger hangin way out there. thanks for the correction!
No sweat. Glocks are DA but XDs are pretty much a single action.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
No sweat. Glocks are DA but XDs are pretty much a single action.
i was under the impression that Glocks and XDs were almost identical in they way they fire...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i was under the impression that Glocks and XDs were almost identical in they way they fire...
They're neither....they're striker-fired.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #32
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
They're neither....they're striker-fired.
i understand HOW they work

im just confused how the Glock can be distiguished as a DAO when an XD is SA

they both are a similar mechanism for firing, and both allow you to only reset the trigger half of the original trigger pull...

wouldnt the XD also be considered a DAO?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #33
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i understand HOW they work

im just confused how the Glock can be distiguished as a DAO when an XD is SA

they both are a similar mechanism for firing, and both allow you to only reset the trigger half of the original trigger pull...

wouldnt the XD also be considered a DAO?
No. The Glock cocks as you pull the trigger making it a DA. XDs are are cocked before the trigger pull making it a SA style trigger.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #34
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
No. The Glock cocks as you pull the trigger making it a DA. XDs are are cocked before the trigger pull making it a SA style trigger.
i was under the impression that they are both partially cocked until you pull the trigger...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #36
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

mind you...i'm not THAT up on an XD...i only had mine for 6 months...didnt like the feel and sold it...but i was led to believe that they both operated in a similar fashion
Old 02-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #38
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

regardless i think theyre both finely built firearms...just happens that the Glock fits my hands better...and its what im issued...so that works out well

6 of 1 half dozen of the other IMO

i dont know how well it works, but the only feature ive read about on the XDs that i would WANT is the way the guide rod works...forget exactly how but it prevents the gun from being pushed out of battery if the slide is shoved into something (such as a persons chest)

other than that i dont see anything on them that makes it any more of a desirable pistol other than great marketing

both Glocks and XDs are super reliable, easy to maintain and break down, and both are super light for a full size gun...

i do however like the very short trigger reset on my Glock
Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #40
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i do however like the very short trigger reset on my Glock
I've been practicing with my xd a little more and done some good reading online. After the first shot is fired to keep the trigger in the rear (fired posistion) then slowly return forward untill it "clicks" into place or firing position.

I think i read that on xdtalk, but it really inproved my accurracy and overall shooting experience with my pistol. Before I was wondering why the hell is the trigger pull sooo long?!?! haha
But now its nice and short and fun to shoot