LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

First Gun

Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #41
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I've been practicing with my xd a little more and done some good reading online. After the first shot is fired to keep the trigger in the rear (fired posistion) then slowly return forward untill it "clicks" into place or firing position.

I think i read that on xdtalk, but it really inproved my accurracy and overall shooting experience with my pistol. Before I was wondering why the hell is the trigger pull sooo long?!?! haha
But now its nice and short and fun to shoot
yeah...thats the trigger reset...Glocks have it too and from what ive read its shorter on Glocks...however...either way once you learn to use it...followup shots are easier and quicker
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #42
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yea I'm new to the pistol world. Once I found that out I was like "oh...ohhh...thats niiiceee!!!!" haha
Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #43
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Chris corrected me. The Glock is partially cocked as you said Buzz. I had forgotten. But it does still fall into the DA category.
yeah that part i was sure about...it was the XD i was trying to figure out
Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #44
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
Name: leon
kiddwvman's Tacoma Gallery
good choice got 3, love them, like the xdm best, but im going to get the new xdm 3.8 when i get some money lol
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #45
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe this will help with the SA vs DA vs striker-fired confusion....http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/w...com/xddasa.htm
Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #46
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Defining The XD
Quote:
The XD is correctly classified as a single-action design, meaning it is fully cocked by racking the slide

http://www.gunsandammo.com/content/a...-inside-the-xd

Quote:
GLOCK
While the Glock pistol might more accurately be described as "single-and-a-half-action only," the Glock pistol was one of the first to use the DAO-style action with an internal striker rather than an exposed hammer. In operation, the Glock striker is half-cocked when the slide is racked, allowing the shooter to take advantage of a lighter but still uniform trigger pull. the Glock's trigger pull is approximately 5 to 8 pounds, as opposed to most DAO pistols with a 10- to 12-pound trigger pull.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_13633474/
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #47
BrianL will become famous soon enoughBrianL will become famous soon enough
Name: Take a guess...
BrianL's Tacoma Gallery
XDs are great. I bought an XD45 not long after they came out a few years ago and have never had a problem with it. If you're fat like me, it's even a decent concealed carry gun