Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Oakland- "It will require a fingerprint when you buy ammunition,"

Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Here is another great quote: Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
--- Thomas Jefferson

AzBackcountry
Old 02-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #23
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
or you could just carry a sword......oh wait a minute you cant have one of those either....for you i would recommend a baseball bat with a bunch of 10 penny nails driven through it
are you allowed to buy nails?
Had a friend that got arrested for a baseball bat in his vehicle--Cop said it was "suspicious." Haven't heard of it happening with a golf club though, YET. Nails may be suspicious too. IDK. "It's just another plan concocted by the man, to bring a brother down."
Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup, me too.mine just has to be concealed. i'm not going to be the one cowering under a table praying someone comes to save me......
i can also legally carry into a bank, hospital, courthouse, and school
Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
you dont even need a CCP in SC to buy

pick out your firearm of choice...fill out a form...dealer calls SLED (State LE Division)...if you check out clear over the phone...you pay and walk out with your new gun
SAme in AZ. Just with a CCW, no calls. I can buy a hand gun faster than my Wife can buy Milk.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellocafe View Post
Had a friend that got arrested for a baseball bat in his vehicle--Cop said it was "suspicious." Haven't heard of it happening with a golf club though, YET. Nails may be suspicious too. IDK. "It's just another plan concocted by the man, to bring a brother down."
a suspicious baseball bat?

doesnt sound like PC to arrest...sounds like a violation of rights...unless of course theres more to that story

now if a crime had been commited with a baseball bat...and he was found/stopped in the vicinity of said crime...etc etc...then MAYBE...however suspicion alone is not probable cause to arrest

you can however detain someone on reasonable suspicion...which means handcuffs...maybe a search...but then release without going to the detention center/jail
Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #28
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellocafe View Post
A Baseball bat? WTF?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #29
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
SAme in AZ. Just with a CCW, no calls. I can buy a hand gun faster than my Wife can buy Milk.
this is how i ended up with the LCP....it was an impulse buy...sort of like that pack of gum at the grocery store while youre standing in line

i went in for some handcuffs and come out with a gun
Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #30
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is how i ended up with the LCP....it was an impulse buy...sort of like that pack of gum at the grocery store while youre standing in line

i went in for some handcuffs and come out with a gun
how you like it?
i haven't had a chance to shoot one yet.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
how you like it?
i haven't had a chance to shoot one yet.
i havent either

i just really like the way it felt in my hands...and its a great design...

i just got ammo tuesday for it...so im planning on shooting it some next week maybe
Old 02-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #32
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i havent either

i just really like the way it felt in my hands...and its a great design...

i just got ammo tuesday for it...so im planning on shooting it some next week maybe
noneccesary
ive bought plenty of guns just on feel alone. that is actually how i prefer to pick a firearm. too many times have i bought on impulse because it "looked cool" just to turn around and sell it because i didn't like how it felt when i shot it
case in point-desert eagle 50, beretta 92f, walther ppk
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #33
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
noneccesary
ive bought plenty of guns just on feel alone. that is actually how i prefer to pick a firearm. too many times have i bought on impulse because it "looked cool" just to turn around and sell it because i didn't like how it felt when i shot it
case in point-desert eagle 50, beretta 92f, walther ppk
i bought a springfield xd-40 like that
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #34
Triple Option
Slotback will become famous soon enoughSlotback will become famous soon enough
Slotback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
And people say California is better than Texas... HA!
Young man, you will go far in life.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #35
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

pick out your firearm of choice...fill out a form...dealer calls SLED (State LE Division)...if you check out clear over the phone...you pay and walk out with your new gun
That's how it is here too but if you have a CWP (that's what we call it here) they skip the phone call.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #37
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

this is how ohio works as well. we are also a legal open carry state. (though most everyone i talk to about it is suprized by this) courthouses, school zones, mental hospitals, LE stations, and any public place with conspicuous signage restricting firearms are no-no's. most public places here only have the "no concealed weapons" sign. it is still legal by state law to openly carry at those establishments unless otherwise asked by the owner/management.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #38
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Move to Texas! I don't know if I could ever live in California! It would take a crap load of money!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
Move to Texas! I don't know if I could ever live in California! It would take a crap load of money!
lol, Sad but true! This state is a mess, we only keep electing idiots and we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #40
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Cali and NJ suck. I feel bad for you TW members out there. We are fortunate in the South to have exercise our freedoms set fourth by the 2nd Amendment without some bone-head politicians trying to think for us.