Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Oakland- "It will require a fingerprint when you buy ammunition,"

Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Oakland- "It will require a fingerprint when you buy ammunition,"

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/6276729.ph...tentId=5519590

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. (KCBS) -- Oakland has joined an alliance of other cities in tightening its gun laws after a unanimous vote by the city council. This gun law is similar to what is already on the books in Richmond, Berkeley and San Francisco. It dictates that those who buy bullets would have to provide thumbprints.
KCBS’ Margie Shafer Reports
"What this does is tightens up the records," said Councilmember Jean Quan. "It requires sales of ammunition to have the same kinds of records that we have in the sale of a gun."
Currently, no one in the City of Oakland sells ammunition, but it's not illegal.
"It will require a fingerprint when you buy ammunition," said Quan. "It would also require a new store that would like to sell ammunition to store it in a safe place, and to certify and clear its staff for criminal records."
The National Rifle Association has threatened to sue.
"We've learned a little bit about what Richmond had to change, and what San Mateo is changing, but we're not backing off," said Quan, who believes the ordinance will survive any lawsuits.
(MGO)
Old 02-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
WTF do they need this law for?
It says nobody sells ammo there
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery

Chairman Mao would be proud.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
yup i know i used to live there a long time ago
now i live in a state that understands what the constitution stands for.
its really amazing how states that have a right to own policy have lower crime rates.
criminals think twice when they know that the person they are fixin to rob, murder, carjack, rape, etc. may have a gun on them, that they are allowed to use to defend themselves with, without fear of being prosecuted
Old 02-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Any of you guys purchased recently? I bought a XD40 last year and it took me 4 months for the permit and big brother shot it first and kept a round and casing to send to the FBI. WTF!?! Is it similar out west?
My casing is in my gun case.
When i purchase a firearm here in AZ, I show my CCW, fill out paperwork and they give me a gun. Pretty slick.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
--- Thomas Jefferson

AzBackcountry
Old 02-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna have to just carry a 9 iron-- Better loft.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
And people say California is better than Texas... HA!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmellocafe View Post
Gonna have to just carry a 9 iron-- Better loft.
or you could just carry a sword......oh wait a minute you cant have one of those either....for you i would recommend a baseball bat with a bunch of 10 penny nails driven through it
are you allowed to buy nails?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
My casing is in my gun case.
When i purchase a firearm here in AZ, I show my CCW, fill out paperwork and they give me a gun. Pretty slick.
you dont even need a CCP in SC to buy

pick out your firearm of choice...fill out a form...dealer calls SLED (State LE Division)...if you check out clear over the phone...you pay and walk out with your new gun
Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

pick out your firearm of choice...fill out a form...dealer calls SLED (State LE Division)...if you check out clear over the phone...you pay and walk out with your new gun
In vermont and alaska you can openly carry a firearm.....how cool is that?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
In vermont and alaska you can openly carry a firearm.....how cool is that?
well considering that i can carry how i want when i want where i want...meh
Old 02-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

Pretty sure it's the same here.