Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Tacoma long gun storage

Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
caesum is on a distinguished road
caesum's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma long gun storage

Trying to figure our a relatively secure way to store a long gun in my extended cab 09 (annoying back seats) tacoma. A cased mini 14 or pump shotgun would fit widthwise, but I'm trying to come up with something a little more secure. Does anyone sell a "vault" or toolbox type thing that might work - I would like a container I can bolt or at least cable down.

On my last truck, I had a toolbox, but don't want to give up bed lengh with this truck since its a little smaller than I'm used to.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
You could look at a narrow tool box such as this UWS slimline...

Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bookmarking this thread. I've got product info from SHOT Show last month sitting in my office at work regarding hard cases that will secure to a vehicle floor (i.e. truck bed).

When I get back into the office on Tuesday, assuming no one else posts info on the company I'm thinking of (I can't recall the name), I'll post info here.

There is also Truck Vault, but they're quite expensive: http://www.truckvault.com/
Old 02-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
sleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of light
sleepdr's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how it would work for your vehicle, but there is a solution for securing an AR (and probably a Mini 14) in an 05+ double cab.

The rifle will slide into the underseat compartments, but it is easy to scratch the parkerizing on the barrel. For security, I found an open-ended adjustable 3/8" cable lock from Master called the Python. I found it at Lowes for around $20 with an 8' cable. It's a beefy plastic-coated cable, and will just fit through the ejection port and magazine well of an AR15. That can then be looped through a frame-attached securing point, in my case an unused LATCH point. Both the upper and lower halves of the AR are secured, even if someone tries to disassemble the rifle.

The whole thing is completely invisible to the outside, and about as secure as I could find without much drilling and vehicle modification.

http://www.masterlock.com/promos/pyt...hon_lock.shtml
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
to hide it out of the way in a double cab you could cut out the inner edge of the black shelf thing behind the rear seats, allowing a long gun the fit back there.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
Griz's toolbox idea is what I use...
but I eventually want to make my Taco like the Czech one I saw a whle back in the sandbox.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunshot-6A View Post
Griz's toolbox idea is what I use...
but I eventually want to make my Taco like the Czech one I saw a whle back in the sandbox.

I would definitely go this route!