Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

SIG 226 police trade

Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
SIG 226 police trade

Hey all - found a SIGARMS model226 .40s+w for 399.00 as a police trade.
decent shape - Is it a good price in your opinions, and is it a decent gun?
I'm a big Springfield XD fan, but I already have 2 of them and want something different. Thanks for any input
Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Sig is an Awsome handun! Your not gonna find a much better price either.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
Vectorit is on a distinguished road
Vectorit's Tacoma Gallery
Sig is a top notch handgun! Around here those are going for 3 times that price...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
They have 50 of them for that price. Whenever a local PD changes firearm sponsors this place gets all the old ones. I may have to pick one up and add another mouth to feed to my collection.
My next question will be do I tell the wife or not. I bought a Romanian AK last month and it really pissed her off. Then I bought another XD a week later without telling her....
Old 02-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
TimS is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TimS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swise View Post
They have 50 of them for that price. Whenever a local PD changes firearm sponsors this place gets all the old ones. I may have to pick one up and add another mouth to feed to my collection.
My next question will be do I tell the wife or not. I bought a Romanian AK last month and it really pissed her off. Then I bought another XD a week later without telling her....
You are treading on thin ice.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey all - found a SIGARMS model226 .40s+w for 399.00 as a police trade.
decent shape - Is it a good price in your opinions, and is it a decent gun?
I'm a big Springfield XD fan, but I already have 2 of them and want something different. Thanks for any input
Not a bad price if the condition is good to very good.

JMHO. I recently bought a Glock Mod 27 subcompact .40 cal brand new @ police price of $474.00 with trijicon night sights. I would look the Sig over carefully. I carried a P220 for a few years as a duty gun, the finish was not that durable. Loved the 45 cal.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
i carry a p229, i love that hand gun,
Old 02-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my brother gave me his. he is a cop. the pistol looks worn to hell, but functions perfectly. no issues.

i'm shopping for a glock 21SF. he shoots one with a lighter trigger as his SWAT piece. i am way more accurate with it.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
hillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
hillbillytoyo's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a 226 factory reconditioned and it is the best hangun I have ever shot. It cost me $625 but I love it.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great price if it is in decent shape! You will love the P226! I have a P226 Blackwater Tactical and it's my favorite handgun. I have 5 Sigs so I am a little biased!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Triple Option
Slotback will become famous soon enoughSlotback will become famous soon enough
Slotback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...2010 The year of living dangerously.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
I'd jump on one for that price. Sig is my favorite handgun manufacturer, although I currently only own 3 of them right now.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #15
1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about1 big skeeter has a spectacular aura about

1 big skeeter's Tacoma Gallery
I've carried a number of Sigs on-duty over the years. Here's my favorite...a 28 year old P226 9mm with fresh coating and new springs;

Still tight and shoots point of aim.

You won't do better than a Sig IMHO...
Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input - I may be able to get it without the wife objecting now ......check it out!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...my-planer.html