1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not good

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by branct06, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Feb 16, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    branct06

branct06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    This is from an e-mail i received.... does the second amendment mean nothing!!!

This is to stop the ability of the citizens to defend themselves against a totalitarian government.

Thank you Obama Voters.
    Look what's on the 2010 tax return.
    Verified true on Snopes at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp
    Now ALL GUNS must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
    Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.
    It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.
    This bill was introduced on February 24, 2009 by the Obama staff. But this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective!
    This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all.
    The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage: www.senate.gov .
    You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number SB-2099. You know who to call. I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.
    Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009: www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text
    Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
    It is very important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
    Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a “minor†IRS revision. And as usual, the political lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it!
    To find out about this, go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or any pistol unless:
    It is registered.
    You are fingerprinted..
    You supply a current Driver's License.
    You supply your Social Security number.
    You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.
    Each update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25.
    Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison.
    If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.
    This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
    This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show>;
    <http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45>;
    Please! Copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the right to bear arms or are for gun control.
    WE ALL SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE!
    This is more change you can believe in!

2. Feb 16, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    tacovic

tacovic Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    ha good luck taking my guns. they try and take them they will be welcomed with a 12 gauge in their face.

3. Feb 16, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    goforlow

goforlow Middle aged old man

Member:
    Eau Claire, WI
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 AC V6 6SP TRD OR SUPER WHITE
    working on it
    Old news...also not happening. Join the NRA and read the following.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5098

Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The "Gun Tax Bill" Friday, August 14, 2009 Over the past few months, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about "SB-2099," a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15.
    Like many rumors, there's just a grain of truth to this one. Someone's recycling an old alert, which wasn't even very accurate when it was new.
    There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns -- nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act's tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone's Form 1040, of course.
    Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it's time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand.
    To read a story by NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox on this and other rumors, please click here.

I'm not saying to not worry about this f'ed up administration, but BlairHolt is not an issue.

4. Feb 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    Read the rest of the Snopes.com article you referenced.

5. Feb 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    07tacoark

07tacoark Still kickin like a chicken!

Member:
    First Name:
    Red
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 & 19 TRD-OR 4x4
    Lots on 07 ... getting started on 19
    obama & congress can all suck my balls!! yeah thats right!! its not hard to mold balls and make em suck on em!! :D

whether it truly gets passed or not, there is no way everyone will truly participate in partaking in this new tax law

6. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    Holling

Holling Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2021 DC TRD Sport
    This exact thread comes up more than my indigestion does. It is on every forum I read.
    Ain't happening now and hopefully it never will!
    Now back to my reloading and gun cleaning.

7. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    branct06

branct06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    im glad it was just a rumor!!!

8. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Hey guys, when the revolution starts where are we gonna all meet?? (Just want to stay in the loop). :eek:

9. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Ah the rumor mill. :rolleyes:

10. Feb 17, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    I don't care what .gov says I need to do with my firearms. I'm not giving them up, and as a concealed weapon permittee, me being registered is more than enough for them.

Free men don't need permission from their government to possess firearms.

11. Feb 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    doug355r

doug355r Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    2.5" Lift with King shocks and TC UC, 4.88 gears, ARB compressor, ARB lockers, S POD, cheap lights
    x2

If only I still worked at Dillon :(

Products Discussed in

To Top