Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

What to do? Hmm

Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
What to do? Hmm

I'm not over familiar with civilian hand guns.

I was qualified to operate a few weapons in the Navy, but never tactically employed them.

I've been wanting a shotgun, but I think a hand gun might be more fun.

I don't hunt. This would be for home security and messing around at the range.

Here's what I know...9mm are for pussies lol or so I've heard.

I acquired an expert medal on the 9mm in the service, but like I said, never put to good use.

I haven't fired a round since 2005.

Suggestions?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
tactical shot gun!!! those things are bad ass IMO

their good for security and having fun on the range.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
tactical shot gun!!! those things are bad ass IMO

their good for security and having fun on the range.
I've been eyeing Mossberg's 500 series and the Persuader 900 for a while now.

I just dunno how I can justify a shotgun in a condo in a gated community lol
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
XD .40 hand gun I love mine. I have many hand guns and it is one of my favs.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.

My buddy that lives in Vegas has a SA 911 and he loves it, I've never held it though.

I have another buddy in ATL that has a Taurus somethingorother and he loves his. Looks fake to me though lol
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
You Are Right 9mm Are For Girls 40 Cal Hk For Me Buddy!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
My buddy that lives in Vegas has a SA 911 and he loves it, I've never held it though.

I have another buddy in ATL that has a Taurus somethingorother and he loves his. Looks fake to me though lol
Taurus are cheap guns you get what you pay for you can buy them at like Big 5. They Have problems with the clips and jam very eazy!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been eyeing Mossberg's 500 series and the Persuader 900 for a while now.

I just dunno how I can justify a shotgun in a condo in a gated community lol
ehh it's under the constitution that you generally have the right to own a gun.....so there is no reason to justify it

but i am kinda biased, i only shoot shotguns, and they're all for hunting. so i have no experience with hand guns
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.

My buddy Big Steve, head bouncer at Altitudes in SD, is going with me to SoCal Guns tomorrow, gonna look at some heaters.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #10
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
That HK is sweet. Nothing but good things for XD. As far as the mossberg 500, I love it. Used it many times and never had a problem and easy to break down and clean. Benelli is cool if you have the $$ and I've shot an 870 and it jammed way too much for my liking (as in 1 times too many; good thing we were just shooting clay).
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
That HK is sweet. Nothing but good things for XD. As far as the mossberg 500, I love it. Used it many times and never had a problem and easy to break down and clean. Benelli is cool if you have the $$ and I've shot an 870 and it jammed way too much for my liking (as in 1 times too many; good thing we were just shooting clay).
They were Mossbergs we used in the Navy right? I can't remember for some reason.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Yep the 500. And they've got a bunch of kits/options and parts are easy to get IMHO
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
if your going for security i would say shotgun. way more intimidating than a measly handgun, even a .45
Old 02-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I would challenge anybody who says 9mm are for pu$$ies! Let me shoot you once with a 9mm and then you can shoot me with a .45! A 9mm is much cheaper and just as fun to shoot! It is plenty capable of taking out most threats with the right ammo!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
For home security a pump action shotgun is king. The loading a round in the chamber is a universal sound that says "get the hell out". Living in a condo you risk shooting through a wall especially with a 9mm or larger caliber round, and possibly injuring an innocent.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
Mob parking lots.

I purchased a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader, a sling that holds 15 rounds, bore snake and a bottle of Break Free for $560 out the door.

Attached is a stock photo, I didn't take a pic of it in the store.

This is my 27th birthday present to myself, my 26th birthday present to myself was the Taco
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Hmm-gun242.jpg  
Old 02-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I purchased a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader, a sling that holds 15 rounds, bore snake and a bottle of Break Free for $560 out the door.

Attached is a stock photo, I didn't take a pic of it in the store.

This is my 27th birthday present to myself, my 26th birthday present to myself was the Taco
Nice!!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Nice!!
Yea, I'm pretty stoked!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
For home security a pump action shotgun is king. The loading a round in the chamber is a universal sound that says "get the hell out". Living in a condo you risk shooting through a wall especially with a 9mm or larger caliber round, and possibly injuring an innocent.
^^^Plus Juan.

Nothing beats a shotty for HD in an apartment complex. Although I wouldn't rely on the "shuck-shack" to do the job. Know how to use it.

Furthermore...

I suspect most of the '9mm is for pussies' crowd is either trying to compensate for a small khack, spent to much time on the internet and not enough at the range, or both. Ammo technology has come a long way and Modern 9mm hollowpoint will absolutely get the job done with proper shot placement. Plus you can generally carry 50% more rounds per mag. Plus it's cheap. And before someone pulls that one (and only) ballistics study that gives the nod to .45acp, it's 20 years old, people. It's a different animal today. Yes, .45 makes a bigger hole and causes more damage but how much more and at what cost? I love the .45 cartridge, but where it has it's disadvantages, the 9mm shines. Don't be too quick to dismiss it.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #20
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the new bang stick, btw. it will give you many years of reliable service.