Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Ruger MkIII disassembly?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #21
Slightly Sane
2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2 tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
I have a mkIII 22/45. I put about 300 rds in it yesterday and it locked up on me. I oiled the hell out of it and it is working great again. I havent tried to field strip it for the reasons mentioned above. Has anyone else had jamming issues. I think it may be because the bolt wasnt oiled enough but my ammo gets jammed a lot when it is trying to get jacked into the chamber. Almost all ammo has done this.

I have had my mkIII 22/45 hunter have problems fully ejecting shells after extended shooting sessions (200+ rounds) w/out cleaning. Basically the shell will eject but the bolt starts to close as it is ejecting and the bolt tries to close before the empty shell has fully cleared the chamber. It only happens when the gun starts getting really dirty and I can feel the grit building within the gun.

Your train of thought is correct though- a few drops of oil on the bolt will usually keep it going jam free for another few hundred rounds, but eventually you need to fully break the gun down and give it a good cleaning.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 tacomas View Post
I have had my mkIII 22/45 hunter have problems fully ejecting shells after extended shooting sessions (200+ rounds) w/out cleaning. Basically the shell will eject but the bolt starts to close as it is ejecting and the bolt tries to close before the empty shell has fully cleared the chamber. It only happens when the gun starts getting really dirty and I can feel the grit building within the gun.

Your train of thought is correct though- a few drops of oil on the bolt will usually keep it going jam free for another few hundred rounds, but eventually you need to fully break the gun down and give it a good cleaning.
I figured that. I have heard where guys were cleaning theirs and the cleaning kit they got wore out the rifling inside the barrel and ruined the accuracy of the firearm. Do you all suggest a type of cleaning kit or cloth?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
Slightly Sane
2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed2 tacomas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
I figured that. I have heard where guys were cleaning theirs and the cleaning kit they got wore out the rifling inside the barrel and ruined the accuracy of the firearm. Do you all suggest a type of cleaning kit or cloth?
I use a Hoppe's BoreSnake to clean the barrels on all my guns, they are great and won't damage your barrel.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #24
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Quote:
I use a Hoppe's BoreSnake to clean the barrels on all my guns, they are great and won't damage your barrel.
Thanks!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #25
Pitt1552 is on a distinguished road
Pitt1552's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't realize they made boresnakes for pistols, but I guess I shoulda realized. I love the ones I have for my shotgun, they work great.

Got it working!!!! Thanks for the help. Turns out that the bolt release wasn't _supposed_ to come up all the way until the bolt is back when the gun is assembled (duh, dunno what I was thinking yesterday).

The only thing missing was correct placement of the hammer strut and using a mallet to really seat the receiver back on the grip all the way.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
Slightly Sane
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
I didn't realize they made boresnakes for pistols, but I guess I shoulda realized. I love the ones I have for my shotgun, they work great.

Got it working!!!! Thanks for the help. Turns out that the bolt release wasn't _supposed_ to come up all the way until the bolt is back when the gun is assembled (duh, dunno what I was thinking yesterday).

The only thing missing was correct placement of the hammer strut and using a mallet to really seat the receiver back on the grip all the way.
Good to hear! Now that you have done it once, the next time won't take you nearly as long.

Products Discussed in this Thread