Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Gun safe in the garage?

Old 03-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #21
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, Thanks Taco. We do have a TSC here and I love that store! I didnt even think about looking there, and I drive past it on the way home from work
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #22
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Ya Im headin by there today and see about there bigger safe, the one Ive got now is a little to small. Ive been real happy with mine. Ive had it for a year now and its the digital touch pad one. They were about the best priced that I found. I would to Love to have a BROWNING
Old 03-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #23
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just looked at the Brownings online and I wouldnt mind having one if you bought it for me! haha I I looked at shipping on one and it was $350 on a $600 safe...
Old 03-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #24
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Try Costco, too.
In WA, you don't pay sales tax on safes.
Not sure about other states, but ask.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #25

here is one I found at tractor supply I like, It has the outlets inside the safe too so I could use the goldenrodhttp://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/safes/cannon-ts6030e-21-gun-safe-3809071not that I'll ever need a safe that big though...I do like that its fire resistant too though. they have a 300 dollar one that would be alot more affordable but it doenst have the features that I need/want
edit: after looking back at your prev post I think its the same one you were talking about :/
Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
J kool is a glorious beacon of lightJ kool is a glorious beacon of lightJ kool is a glorious beacon of lightJ kool is a glorious beacon of lightJ kool is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Retired
J kool's Tacoma Gallery
Get bigger then what you think you need..... the bigger and heavier it is the harder it is to steal !! Also you can keep more then just your guns in there... important papers,jewery and cash and anything else you consider of value to you.You can look at it as your personal safety deposit box also.

FIRE RATING...... is something I'd take a good look at, how long is it going to take the fire department to get to your house and knock down a "HOT FIRE" , and if your not home to be shouting "save my gun safe in the garage". The garage might not be the first thing they consider putting out first. I'd need at least a one hour rating as I live outside of town. And don't store any gas cans near your safe.

Hope this helps some......
Old 03-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J kool View Post
Get bigger then what you think you need..... the bigger and heavier it is the harder it is to steal !! Also you can keep more then just your guns in there... important papers,jewery and cash and anything else you consider of value to you.You can look at it as your personal safety deposit box also.

FIRE RATING...... is something I'd take a good look at, how long is it going to take the fire department to get to your house and knock down a "HOT FIRE" , and if your not home to be shouting "save my gun safe in the garage". The garage might not be the first thing they consider putting out first. I'd need at least a one hour rating as I live outside of town. And don't store any gas cans near your safe.

That's a good idea. I have about 4 gas cans in my garage. I have a shed in the back yard and I'm about to go put them in there right now!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a huge safe in the garage. I have shelves next to it so it's not easily seen from the street. I live in a desert climate so humidity is a non factor but I do get 100 degree temperature variation. No problems yet. It's been out there for years.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #31
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J kool View Post

This is so TRUE espacially if you plan on inherting guns from family in the future not just your own. This can add a lot more to your safe. Get the biggest one you can afford and then some. ITs a great place to keep your ammo as well since ammo can be as much as any gun. ALMOST
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #32
sleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of lightsleepdr is a glorious beacon of light
sleepdr's Tacoma Gallery
Better than nothing, by far. I ended up doing a similar thing due to limited space. Mine is set up on an inch or so platform to allow air circulation & prevent rust due to water pooling. The whole setup is bolted solidly through the concrete slab.

Most of these safes are officially "residential security containers" and not full concrete-walled bank safes until you get into really expensive stuff. I'm fine with that, and some OPSEC along with an extra firearms rider on your home insurance provides enough piece of mind.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #33
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
Use a Goldenrod in mine and it has been working fine. some folks just use a low power/wattage light bulb.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #34
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
If you have to put it in the garage, do what my friend did and paint it white. It will look like a refrigerator or a freezer and the average person will never know the difference.