Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Winchester Model 1894

Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Winchester Model 1894

I wanted to share this pictures with you gents, this is my rifle, it may look like everyones else, but this is mine.... oh sorry, i think that line is from a movie hehe........ anyways, its a winchester mod 1894 .30-30 cal used in Mexican revolution back in 1910.... a lil bit rusty, but still fires, the only thing is that ammo is very hard to find down here (only in black market)... Just sharing, what do you think?

Old 04-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I bet we don't look that good when we're 100 years old

To bad about the ammo shortage. I hope it never gets that way here in the states.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I bet we don't look that good when we're 100 years old

To bad about the ammo shortage. I hope it never gets that way here in the states.
Yep, you are right, now im trying to find out if i can retrieve the serial number, seems like its been erased.... im trying to find out when exactly was made....
Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
THAT is nice!!! A real treasure. SN usually can be found somewhere if you disassemble the action.

Can you buy smokeless or black powder down there? They made hand loading tools for those old rifles, it'd be cool to have the loading tool that was made about the same time as the rifle. They can be found at gun shows.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
THAT is nice!!! A real treasure. SN usually can be found somewhere if you disassemble the action.

Can you buy smokeless or black powder down there? They made hand loading tools for those old rifles, it'd be cool to have the loading tool that was made about the same time as the rifle. They can be found at gun shows.
i think i have black powder, like 2 or three old cans......
Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
awesome gun man. i love .30/30 calibers, in most any make. i really like my old marlin .30/30......awesome brush gun. why is there such an ammo shortage in your area??
Old 04-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
awesome gun man. i love .30/30 calibers, in most any make. i really like my old marlin .30/30......awesome brush gun. why is there such an ammo shortage in your area??
Mainly because there are not gun/ammo shops, you cannot go and buy a gun or ammo like you do in USA, you have to get a permit and the army will sell you the gun, otherwise its illegal.....
Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i think i have black powder, like 2 or three old cans......
If I get to a gun show I'll look for a very old loader for ya.

Would be nice if you could get your hands on some moderately slow smokeless.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mainly because there are not gun/ammo shops, you cannot go and buy a gun or ammo like you do in USA, you have to get a permit and the army will sell you the gun, otherwise its illegal.....
oh, i gotcha.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #10
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

And look at some of the laws trying to be passed in CA, DC, ect.. If you can't ban all the guns go after the ammo.

Alot of people like collecting the Winchester's. I prefer Marlins just for the side eject. The oldest rifles I have are some my granddad brought back from WWII somehow. A Mauser in 7.65mm and some Italian rifle in 6.5mm? I don't shoot either one.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
And look at some of the laws trying to be passed in CA, DC, ect.. If you can't ban all the guns go after the ammo.

Alot of people like collecting the Winchester's. I prefer Marlins just for the side eject. The oldest rifles I have are some my granddad brought back from WWII somehow. A Mauser in 7.65mm and some Italian rifle in 6.5mm? I don't shoot either one.
Tahts cool man, i love wwii rifles, if i can one day i want to get a m1 garand, great rifle, also like the luger..... i have a box of ammo, with 3 chargers, 5 bullets each, its itlalian ammo man.... 6.5mm, i think its pre wwii, box reads:

Cartucce a pall. ord. cal. 6,5
per armi m. 91 e mitragliatrici
solenite ordinaria 2/0.7 x 2

Fornaci di Barga SMI 1936
Collaudate
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tahts cool man, i love wwii rifles, if i can one day i want to get a m1 garand, great rifle, also like the luger..... i have a box of ammo, with 3 chargers, 5 bullets each, its itlalian ammo man.... 6.5mm, i think its pre wwii, box reads:

Cartucce a pall. ord. cal. 6,5
per armi m. 91 e mitragliatrici
solenite ordinaria 2/0.7 x 2

Fornaci di Barga SMI 1936
Collaudate
That's the ammo. I have most all of the US military rifles in semi-auto form. M1 Garand, M1A, M1 carbine, AR15's, ect.. I used to compete in DCM matches with them. Now it's pretty much IPSC 3-gun, with a 20" AR that is tricked out, shotgun is a bennelli M1-90, and the handgun a STI heavy that I built from parts in 40 S&W, in tactical class.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rifle! i will try to get some pics of my families extensive firearm collection so we can all drool in unison... I'm gonna put them up here tonight!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:32 AM   #14
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Nice weapon.
The line goes:
This is my rifle.
There are many like it.
But this one is mine.
Any Marine can finish it.