Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Favorite Weapon Systems

Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #41
6taco is on a distinguished road
6taco's Tacoma Gallery
It is like shooting a .22LR. But the accuracy is awesome. I still love my Glock 22.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #42
Northern Alliance Gynecologist
TacoMon is on a distinguished road

TacoMon's Tacoma Gallery
Based solely on what I own, I would have to pick my Glock 19. I have owned this gun since before the Rap stars and NBA players made them fashionable. With over 5,000 jam-free rounds through it I consider it an absolute piece of survival gear.

If I had a choice I would probably go with the Springfield Armory Socom 16. A nice "reduced sized" version of the M-14. 7.62x51 (.308) power in a carbine rifle that will easily shoot the lights out at 200 yards. Mount an ACOG and a Surefire light and you are dressed to kill.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #43
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMon View Post
Based solely on what I own, I would have to pick my Glock 19. I have owned this gun since before the Rap stars and NBA players made them fashionable. With over 5,000 jam-free rounds through it I consider it an absolute piece of survival gear.

If I had a choice I would probably go with the Springfield Armory Socom 16. A nice "reduced sized" version of the M-14. 7.62x51 (.308) power in a carbine rifle that will easily shoot the lights out at 200 yards. Mount an ACOG and a Surefire light and you are dressed to kill.
That's the rifle I have. I wanted a wood stock but they didn't have it available. Mine is fiberglass with the realtree camo. I love that rifle. I sold my Hbar and Mini-30 to get it.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #44
TRDHead is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired Gun bunny, M109A6 Palidin 155 howitzer
TRDHead's Tacoma Gallery
I have a personal favorite of the M1 Garand as I give it as close to perfection as there can be in rifles. I take fond respect to mine as it was awarded to me on the US Army rifle marksmanship team back in 1987 as high scorer with over 3000 live rounds fired.

As for "guns" my other favorite was the M109A6 155mm Paladin as I had 6 good years with her as a "gun" chief SSG for 4 of those 6 years. You just have to respect something that does that much damage in such a short time.

I see all these young guys today beating their chest and getting all the google internet information that they can before posting a thread about something they saw, read or heard about and I really have to stop and think sometimes. I don't biglip about my previous time in the military and I did 22 years active/USAR/ARNG and kept my mouth shut and did what I was told and accomplished the mission regardless if it was doing a NBC recons, fire missions on the Paladin or cleaning other soldiers weapons that did not give a crap about the honor that it is to serve our country and worried about their ipods and email more than a FRAGO. I don't like to point fingers as most of the time they get pointed out on their own. I guess I need to stop rambling and get back to the actual post or I will get sucked in to it.

Anyway ...
No. 1 M1 Garand hands down
No. 2 M109A6 155mm

Oh, and my father being an 76Y Armorer in part of his 34 yr military career in the USMC states that the AK's were built with loose tolerences to still be able to fire in sandy, dirty conditions with no maint. and you had more accuracy with a bucket of rocks further than 25 meters on most all rapid production AK's.

ok, thats my .02 cents worth.

Bill
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 AM   #45
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Any and all weapons systems made by John Moses Browning, the man was a friggin genius. I'll put up my 1911 against any other sidearm made, nothing like a 45cal hole in shit!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #46
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
The Garand was a fine weapon for its time but it has two pretty big flaws, its heavy and long as shit! and its internal mag sucks, as soon as that spring pings the enemy knows your out, besides that its a great weapon.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #47
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i love the Garand, my dad bought one of hte new ones after they started making them again. they are heavy as hell though but by far the best standard issue infantry rifle from WWII. 8 rounds compared to the mousers's 5 and semi auto instead of bolt action.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #48
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
i love the Garand, my dad bought one of hte new ones after they started making them again. they are heavy as hell though but by far the best standard issue infantry rifle from WWII. 8 rounds compared to the mousers's 5 and semi auto instead of bolt action.
M-14 or M1A in semi, with 20 rnd. mags isn't a mouse gun. 308 will do what a 30-06 will do, almost. Every 308 hunting rifle I have is more accurate than a couple '06's I have. If you reload you can get about the same performance with at least ten grains less powder per rnd. This adds up if you shoot a lot. Most US snipers as I understand it are still using M-14's, Rem. bolt rifles, or Barrett 50's.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #49
TRDHead is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired Gun bunny, M109A6 Palidin 155 howitzer
TRDHead's Tacoma Gallery
I shot the M14 also on the team. I actually did better in the sitting position firing the M14 than the M1. It is a great weapon also but I still have to go back to the M1. I wish I would have never sold my M14 years ago but priorities change with age.

Bill
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #50
79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed79fj40driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

79fj40driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
Any and all weapons systems made by John Moses Browning, the man was a friggin genius. I'll put up my 1911 against any other sidearm made, nothing like a 45cal hole in shit!
ya gotta love the size of the hole in the end of the barrel of a colt 45 auto(i do/i have 3 myself),some people seem to forget that the design/action of the colt 45 auto is so efficient it has not been improved in almost 100 years.

regards
gary
Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #51
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Where to start. I have 70 weapons including a bow. My Favorites are my Mid length Ameetec AR-15, Sig 220, Glock 26, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, and my Rem. 700 in 300 Win Mag.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79fj40driver View Post
ya gotta love the size of the hole in the end of the barrel of a colt 45 auto(i do/i have 3 myself),some people seem to forget that the design/action of the colt 45 auto is so efficient it has not been improved in almost 100 years.

regards
gary
Kinda like a Hi-Power. Smaller hole just more of 'em.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #53
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
for all the AK haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvrG4T2K4sE
Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #54
Green Eggs and Ham Radio
Archery Ham is on a distinguished road

Archery Ham's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Archery Ham
Reach out....reach out and touch someone.....
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Weapon Systems-mode-99.jpg  
Old 06-08-2008, 04:15 AM   #55
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
I personally prefer older weapons, mainly the M1 garand and the '03. It's quite a feat to go into combat armed with a limited round mag or a bolt action. While the destructiveness of modern weapons is truly astounding, there's something to be said about having to charge an enemy line knowing you may only get one or two rounds off.
I`d advise fix bayonet, with spirit.
You may recall the spirit of the bayonet. You will if you took the course.
I like the M14, the Swedish K, Karl Gustave Mod. 1945. And more others then I care to type.
I am not a fan of Jamming Jenny. Made by Matell, it`s swell. H & K and others make gas pistons for them. This may obviate the blow back problem of the direct impingement system.
The varment ctg. is fine for wood chucks. I would not take a body shot on a 125 lb. deer with one.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:07 AM   #56
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
As far as semi auto pistols, imo you cant beat a sig. Puts glock to shame any day (in my experiances). I must have fired a bad rifle but when I shot the AK, about ever fifth round or so tumbled through the air in stead of rifled so this turned me off of them. I have great respect for them, just not my cup of tea. For rifles, not a fan of the M1 carbine, but love the girrand
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #57
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
The fav weapons systems that I own are:

1. Benelli M4 for home defense

2. Surgeon Scalpel .308 for long range

3. Glock as the back up for up close. The pistol is a very poor first choice. Go for the shotgun if you can in any home defense situation.

4. NAA mini revolver .22 magnum as the ultimate fail safe, last ditch, no other choice gun. It's so small that you can palm it and keep it by your side in plain view and an unattentive eye wouldn't notice it.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #59
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
my fav. weapon system!!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #60
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
I would say we all would agree the the gun is only as good as the person behind it.

For me, long range for deer Kimber 84L good for me to about 350 yards.

1911 great pistol depending on who you get it from, can be sloppy you get what you pay for.

Shotgun hunting Beretta A391 Xtrema

Garand, M1A, and M14 (if you can own) great pieces with most of the W.W.II pieces. But would not send them to factory for work, heard alot of horror stories. Plus with these as long as the receive is sound and you got the money....skies the limit.

Personal protection......ha custom wheel gun. Made to order, can be loaded with just knock down get attention rounds, or make a hole the size of a fist through a door round.

Best of both worlds...S&W 686 full lug in .44 mag, along with Marlin 1895 in .44 mag and of course load you own.