Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Favorite Weapon Systems

Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #62
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
I would say we all would agree the the gun is only as good as the person behind it.

Personal protection......ha custom wheel gun. Made to order, can be loaded with just knock down get attention rounds, or make a hole the size of a fist through a door round.

Best of both worlds...S&W 686 full lug in .44 mag, along with Marlin 1895 in .44 mag and of course load you own.
629 Classic maybe? Too many numbers to remember.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #65
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the AR. I love my 10.5" AR15.

However since there are a lot of AKs out there, I train with it as well.

YMMV.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #66
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
im a big fan of the M-14 series rifles, and i really love my M1A National Match.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #67
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Ya your right, to many numbers, was looking at a .357 also, matter of fact got the 1895 wrong also should be 1894.
Fingers are young, mind is old.
I know that feeling as I missed that 2nd part.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #68
mlcasey is on a distinguished road
mlcasey's Tacoma Gallery
Jericho anybody?

But seriously the best plinker IMO is the Ruger 10/22 and the best at blasting sh1t is a Mossberg 12ga pump.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 AM   #69
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
M14/M1 Garand "Turning cover into concealment since 1936"

Nothing beats a 1911, been in service for almost 100 years. If you want a plastic handgun go to toys r us
Old 10-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #70
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
the M24

saw-granted not a powerful as the 240b but its extremely man portable (by one man, not a 3 man weapons squad team) and better imo a urban environment.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #71
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
the M24

saw-granted not a powerful as the 240b but its extremely man portable (by one man, not a 3 man weapons squad team) and better imo a urban environment.
Well...the role of the M249 (5.56x45) is a SQUAD Automatic Weapon.

The M240B (7.62x51) is more of a general purpose machine gun/medium machine gun.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #72
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

as a 11b im pretty sure i know that.

in a recon platoon weapon choice is dependent on mettc

as a element is usually 4-6 men max. everyone carries alot of firepower

meaning if the mission calls for it 1 man will carry the 240b
urban-everybody has to enter/clear a building and engagment ranges will be limited. hence a 249 makes more sense

please dont talk to me like im some pog.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #73
Gen3Benz is on a distinguished road
Gen3Benz's Tacoma Gallery
I like my mossberg 590, 8+1 with sights....its the only gun I own at the moment.
I'd love to get a benelli M4 with the tactical stock...is that stock only available for military or law enforcement?

Also, wtf is a pog? Am I a pog for asking?, haha
Old 10-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
I like my mossberg 590, 8+1 with sights....its the only gun I own at the moment.
I'd love to get a benelli M4 with the tactical stock...is that stock only available for military or law enforcement?

Also, wtf is a pog? Am I a pog for asking?, haha

pog= Person Other than Grunt. meaning anybody who is not infantry.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #75
Stops Jihad on Contact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
as a 11b im pretty sure i know that.

in a recon platoon weapon choice is dependent on mettc

as a element is usually 4-6 men max. everyone carries alot of firepower

meaning if the mission calls for it 1 man will carry the 240b
urban-everybody has to enter/clear a building and engagment ranges will be limited. hence a 249 makes more sense

please dont talk to me like im some pog.
Oh...I thought it was a typo and you meant M240.

I know what the M24 is now...I was just sidetracked when you went to MGs.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #76
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
ya know i had heard that marine snipers still use the m-14 as a sniper rifle. is that true??
Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #77
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
Hk416

Magpul Masada

FN Scar

Other favorites include the M240B, the M2 Browning .50 cal Machine Gun, the Mk-19, 1911, HK USP family, and the XD family.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #78

cant speak for the corps but the army is breaking old M14s out and re-reissuing them to "designated marksman" its stupid because most "designated marksmen" cant shoot well enough to exploit the weapons capabilities and lack even a basic understanding of long range shooting. they sure do like carrying the m14 around though, think it makes them a "sniper" all it does is make them the first target of a enemy sniper.

on the flip side my platoon had a match version of the M14. with LR ammo it could reach out and touch somebody.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #79
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic View Post
Wow, if you really are a Marine, thats even more "ammo" for me when I get back to Benning.

Why would he need more ammo. What weapon would the enemy have that fires a 5.56
umm saigas come in .223
Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #80
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
-my Mauser 98K.

yummy. Nice 7.92 round to knock em down the first time.

I like bolt action carabiners...I don't need to fire many rounds; its all about quality not quantity.