Notices

H&K 40, worth it?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Lazy, Good For Nothin'
jmcwms is on a distinguished road

Name: James
jmcwms's Tacoma Gallery
H&K 40, worth it?

I've been in the market for a new pistol and have been looking at XD's... Now my buddy's looking to get rid of his HK 40 USP, he wants $500.00. There have only been about 300 rounds fired. Is $500 too much a used HK? I've heard they have quite the rep.

Any info/opinions are welcomed.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
I have 9mm, 40mm, 45mm HK. I like them. Brand new they are pricey. They shoot straight and they look nice. 500 is a good price. Is it the USP or compact?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Lazy, Good For Nothin'

jmcwms's Tacoma Gallery
USP

Pros/Cons?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcwms View Post
I've been in the market for a new pistol and have been looking at XD's... Now my buddy's looking to get rid of his HK 40 USP, he wants $500.00. There have only been about 300 rounds fired. Is $500 too much a used HK? I've heard they have quite the rep.

Any info/opinions are welcomed.

Thanks.
HAHA I Was Just Talking About This On Another Tread Hk Rocks Best Gun Ever! O And Yes If You Want A Gun That Is Freaking Bad Ass And Will Never Give You A Single Problem This Is It Good Deal Worth It Bro!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
Lazy, Good For Nothin'

jmcwms's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, just saw the other thread, it is about to degenerate to a XD vs Glock thread in a few seconds....4,3,2,1!

You think that 500 us good deal, fair price, or a steal? It has had less than 300 rnds fired, and he keeps good care of all of his shit.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, just saw the other thread, it is about to degenerate to a XD vs Glock thread in a few seconds....4,3,2,1!

You think that 500 us good deal, fair price, or a steal? It has had less than 300 rnds fired, and he keeps good care of all of his shit.
Hell Yes that Gun Is Still New Hk Hold there Price For Ever I Bought My Compact New For 800! So 500 Is A seal For A Fullsize I Will Buy It If You Dont HAHA!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah. Great Price
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15362
Here's a quote from Buds Online Gun Store for almost 800.00
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #9

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
H&Ks are great if you never need their customer service. I'd buy it in a heartbeat though.
Don't know about the customer service never needed they Y you ask because it a HK!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Don't know about the customer service never needed they Y you ask because it a HK!
H&K is not known to be helpful to civilian owners. I'm glad you like yours.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
HK USPs are pretty nice, although I prefer the full size to the compacts. They are without a doubt the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. I'm a decent shot with most anything but with a USP I can put 12 in a single hole from 15 yds. Sight profile is very good with the trapazoidal rear. Trigger take up is kind of weird in double action but single action is very crisp with very little creep and almost no overtravel. Things to consider though:

1) The mag release is a level as opposed to a traditional button which takes some time to get used to. I don't really like it and prefer the push button.

2) Compact models need to have the nylon washer on the recoil assembly replaced every 20K rounds or so. Probably not a problem if you don't shoot too much but it can be a bitch to change.

3) Accessories like additional magazines are horrendously expensive. Also as others have stated their customer service blows.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
price sounds about right. I carry a H&K P2000 (40 cal) for my duty gun.

I like it. My concealed carry is either a Keltec .380 or my Glock mod 27. (40 cal) I like the 40 cal round.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
HK will shoot cheap ammo too. I never had a jam. Unlike my pos 9mm Jenning, I got it at a gun show for 120 bucks, and It will jam on me if i use shitty wolf ammo.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Lazy, Good For Nothin'

jmcwms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdZeroBSP View Post
HK USPs are pretty nice, although I prefer the full size to the compacts. They are without a doubt the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. I'm a decent shot with most anything but with a USP I can put 12 in a single hole from 15 yds. Sight profile is very good with the trapazoidal rear. Trigger take up is kind of weird in double action but single action is very crisp with very little creep and almost no overtravel. Things to consider though:

1) The mag release is a level as opposed to a traditional button which takes some time to get used to. I don't really like it and prefer the push button.

2) Compact models need to have the nylon washer on the recoil assembly replaced every 20K rounds or so. Probably not a problem if you don't shoot too much but it can be a bitch to change.

3) Accessories like additional magazines are horrendously expensive. Also as others have stated their customer service blows.
Thanks for the in depth description. Those are excellent points and observations for consideration.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #15
Yo homie, that my briefcase?
ColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to beholdColdZeroBSP is a splendid one to behold

Name: Geoff
ColdZeroBSP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the in depth description. Those are excellent points and observations for consideration.
No problem, btw I meant to say it has a "lever" mag release not level.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #16
09BlkSport is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
09BlkSport's Tacoma Gallery
We have the full size USP 40 for our duty weapon. We have to carry double action, and it takes alot of getting used to, there is alot of trigger play. I have had a couple of malfunctions at the range... one which i couldn't clear. But the weapons we use at the range our not our personal weapons, they are spec used for the range so who knows how well they are taken care of and they do have a ton of rounds through them.

My partner carries a P2000 off duty and loves it, never had seen a single issue with it. All in all though they are good guns, and 500 is a good price for that.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
I have the exact one pictured above. I LOVE it! When I shoot it back to back with my Glock 40 there is no comparison- the HK wins all the way. That is a GREAT price. I would totally buy it at that price any day of the week. I have seen that gun used at somewhere around the $600 mark- But havent really been price shopping it or anything.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #18

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwaterski View Post
I have the exact one pictured above. I LOVE it! When I shoot it back to back with my Glock 40 there is no comparison- the HK wins all the way. That is a GREAT price. I would totally buy it at that price any day of the week. I have seen that gun used at somewhere around the $600 mark- But havent really been price shopping it or anything.
That Means You Have Good Taste In Guns! If You Are Talking About This One! The Hk Has A Bushing In It That Helps With Recoil That Is Y It Is A Better Feel Them Any Glock, Xd,Ect!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #19
Slip is on a distinguished road

Slip's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent fire arm. Never a problem with it and in my opinion, better layout than the Glock, though its a nice pistol too (don't like the safety mechanism). In my opinion, 500 is a great price.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
That Means You Have Good Taste In Guns! If You Are Talking About This One! The Hk Has A Bushing In It That Helps With Recoil That Is Y It Is A Better Feel Them Any Glock, Xd,Ect!

Thanks! Yeah, thats cool to know about the bushing- it really does so much
apparently!